302w

Land

Yea us South Jersey boys are definitely harder than you city folks. Y'all better hope there's no apocalypse, your screwed!

Yeah, I give you credit... I admire that whole self-sufficient, back-to-nature Walden's Pond kind of thing... but I personally haven't roughed it since I was a kid. I'm not sure I could anymore. Spoiled?... weeell... cabin with no indoor plumbing vs. 4-star hotel? Ummm...NO CONTEST! :-) If there is an apocalypse... I won't last 30 days. I'll be zombie grub. 

My aunt out in Oregon has a 40 sumtin fifth wheel with wood stove. Well and septic.

Speaking of land. My grandmother last husband, was an old time cattle rancher out in WA. Showed me how to dowse. He'd put in his own roads parcel, power, an well. Dowsed every well, half would yield a spring.

Why? Land is a great investmet if you can find a good deal like I did. Granted Ive spent almost what I bought the land for in improvement but I pay $500 a year in total taxes, and $30 month for electric. Tell me what vacation spot you can own for that? And when I sell it I could get all mt $ back and probably make a little. Its a GREAT hunting spot as it buts up to thousands of acres of state land and Ive seen everything from big bucks, bear, porcupine, to a mountain lion! 

C'mon man. First time you have loose shits and it's 3 feet deep out there and you can't open the outhouse door and the exertion of shoveling causes a big moist brown smelly in the only pants you brought with you you'll wish you'd sprung for the plumbing. And a nice exhaust fan too.

Why do you think land of the type you're discussing is so cheap? Because it goes from $1,200 in value to what...half a million? Or because you buy it for $1,200 and the realtor, former owner, and banker all laugh like hyenas the minute you walk out the door?

C'mon man. First time you have loose shits and it's 3 feet deep out there and you can't open the outhouse door and the exertion of shoveling causes a big moist brown smelly in the only pants you brought with you you'll wish you'd sprung for the plumbing. And a nice exhaust fan too.

Why do you think land of the type you're discussing is so cheap? Because it goes from $1,200 in value to what...half a million? Or because you buy it for $1,200 and the realtor, former owner, and banker all laugh like hyenas the minute you walk out the door?

No local large source of work.

Land is cheap ANYWHERE it's plentiful, come on man. The reason you buy land is because you want solitude and where there solitude there are no jobs, that's why it's cheap.

The more telecommunication we get, the more it will be worth. The only constant is change.

And, they don't make mo dirt. Land is stable.

Sooo, when am I bringing my camper up there for a weekend shoot/camp/ party?

You'd first have to change that smelly loin cloth. Ms. Peel is particular.

Indeed. Very particular. People... we have to maintain dignity! ... and strive for civility! Just say NO to loincloths. NO to outhouses. NO to the graphic poop humor (and I'm looking at you, Newtonian). What is this... Lord of the Flies? Sheesh. Such wild men on here....

Mine's in Warner Nh -- 51 acres no structure

property taxes of $110 per year -- the suck is that its almost a 5 hour drive and I don't get up there nearly as much as I want

someday...

Got any moose there? Lottery application is open right now. Fyi

I grew up using an outhouse, taking baths in a bucket and hauling water to the house in a bucket. Different bucket, though.

I'm done with that way of living.

The plan is also eventually to get a place in the middle of nowhere. But when that time comes, the first two things I'll do is to put a well and a septic system. Indoor plumbing rules.