wsl

Hi from Toms River

New to the forum, long time shooter, although its been about a decade since I last shot last, and just getting back into it. Saw the link for the site in a post over at njscd.org, so figured I'd register, introduce myself, then proceed to annoy the hell out of everyone slowly with questions from time to time.

I'm in Toms River, so just getting back into it might take 6 months...grr

No, i'm going thru it now. I shot all the time in the military, and when I got out I had other things with higher priorities (I was 22, so clubs and girls were more "shiny"). I'm a member of SS in lakewood, so shooting isn't an issue, but owning is, at least until they stop their drawn out process. Toms River makes the JC one gun a month bill look like a plus lol

E4, but sometime between middle of basic and when my other training started, I got a hernia, which doctors went back and forth on whether I actually had one, so I had a friend in legal get me out on a technicality with a General Discharge after months of new diagnoses and tests and being told there was nothing wrong with me, then went to a civvy doctor who found the hernia and had me scheduled for surgery within 5 minutes of being in his office. Appeal, and now check every month tax free.

I never had to get on a boat, and since I spent less than a year "in service" I don't even call myself a vet, even though I'm technically a disabled vet. I didn't serve nearly as long as hard as a typical sailor/soldier/grunt, so I have my experience and knowledge of what I went thru, but don't feel like I'm included in the discussion when it comes to those that serve/served.

I just plan on showing up my father who I bought a membership for too, since he hasn't shot since he got home from 'Nam in 68. They said its like riding a bike, but 12 years off the bike for me, and 41 years off the bike for him, we'll see who gets the feel back first :p We're both taking a refresher basic firearms class this Sunday, and then I'll get back into a regular practice routine.

Might have to hit up Anthony at Gun for Hire for some more classes down the road and try some competition shooting if I've still got the eye.

Another big HELLO from Toms River (well, almost) and we also shoot at SS so maybe we'll run into you there. A little busy these past weeks with my job going belly up and my son just getting a new job so I am helping him get his Townhouse ready to be put on the market.