Sign in to follow this  
McClane

Nighthawk Tac Shotguns

They sure are nice. Quite on the pricey side for a tactical shotgun tho. I would much rather make my own...which is very easy to do. I'd start with a basic remington 870 or mossberg 500/590 and go from there. I have made several tac shotguns for under $500 for everything including the gun. If you are going to either make your own or buy a Nighthawk make sure you go with a pump. Semi-autos with the "evil" features are a no no in NJ, but on a pump they are no problem as long as you stick to the size restrictions (18" barrel & 26" overall leingth)

They sure are nice. Quite on the pricey side for a tactical shotgun tho. I would much rather make my own...which is very easy to do. I'd start with a basic remington 870 or mossberg 500/590 and go from there. I have made several tac shotguns for under $500 for everything including the gun. If you are going to either make your own or buy a Nighthawk make sure you go with a pump. Semi-autos with the "evil" features are a no no in NJ, but on a pump they are no problem as long as you stick to the size restrictions (18" barrel & 26" overall leingth)

+1

Can't go wrong with a tactical Remy or Mossberg.

Yes, def cant go wrong with either of them. Also, its pretty cool to have something you assembled yourself (for the most part). All the tactical mods on shotguns are very easy to do, and make such a big difference in the gun.

Thanks Guys!!! I have been doing quite a bit of research over the last couple days on both tac shotguns and fighting rifles and there is so much to know. I'll probably go with a Benelli Supernova Tac w/ pistol grips and ghost rings. I had a Benelli Nova H2O and sold it a couple of years ago, great gun but at the time not tube mag ext was available and add ons were almost nothing. It is chambered in 3 1/2 so it will take just about anything but stay away from the 3 1/2. When I had my Nova H2O every time I went shooting I had to buy at least 1 or 2 boxes of 3 1/2 magnum just for S&G's but NONE of my friends would shoot it after the 1st round. Even with the 14oz recoil reducer mounted in the stock it would rip your arm off and after firing 3 rounds you were DONE!!! This thing is FIERCE!