Tunaman

Cost to carry in NJ. This is criminal

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

I thought GFH said no one had to requilify with them IF they have a currently issued permit. Not sure of the reasons, but on their site it basically says so. 

The GFH Qual was deemed substantially similar so if you took it you are good to go.  I am sure they are anticipating some jurisdictions that wont accept it so they are offering a harder qualification for free.  I am going to take it,  and use it upon my renewal.  One less thing to pay for.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Tunaman said:

The GFH Qual was deemed substantially similar so if you took it you are good to go.  I am sure they are anticipating some jurisdictions that wont accept it so they are offering a harder qualification for free.  I am going to take it,  and use it upon my renewal.  One less thing to pay for.

I shot the GFH qual course in April 2023 and also signed up for the free re-qual in a few weeks. Does anyone know how we are supposed to find out if our original qual was accepted or not before the 10/1 deadline?

Also, Tunaman...just to be clear...if we pass the re-qual now, we can use that as the qualification shoot when we renew in (approx) 2 years?

1 hour ago, GrumpyOldRetiree said:

I shot the GFH qual course in April 2023 and also signed up for the free re-qual in a few weeks. Does anyone know how we are supposed to find out if our original qual was accepted or not before the 10/1 deadline?

Also, Tunaman...just to be clear...if we pass the re-qual now, we can use that as the qualification shoot when we renew in (approx) 2 years?

I wouldnt do anything unless your leo asks for it.  If they do,  give them a copy of the new qual and save the other one for your renewal.  Unless i am reading it incorrectly that is what it says on the bottom of the new Qual sheet...

"*Any requirement for classroom instruction and target training shall not be required for a
renewal applicant who completed the instruction and training when obtaining a permit to carry a
handgun issued within the previous two years"

5 hours ago, Tunaman said:

I am also wondering if NRA Basic Pistol satisfies their "Classroom Instruction"  I bet it will when all is said and done.

NRA basic pistol does not cover any use of force material, so I would not expect it to be accepted.