Barms

recomend a bergen county exterminator..

had to fire the exterminator was using for past two years.  year one was great.  But this year i have no idea how it got so bad.   I was paying (each month) for the quarterly year round spray/barrier, and then a spring summer mosquito treatment..  In June i had noticed they hadnt been to the house at all in 2023.  He apologized, but made no attempt to offer a rebate.  I let it go because was so pleased with the peronnel and results.  But i made it clear that i dont want to have to call in July and ask again "why didnt you come".   Well sure enough he didnt come in July.  It just boggles my mind why they wouldnt put the people with annual contracts at the top of the list..  so anyhow i'm looknig for recos.  we want the year round (in this case they sprayed quarterly) perimiter house spray to keep all bugs out.   i'd be interested in knowing if you are on a regular annual plan and they dont miss treatments.  thank you..

(no, i'd rather not out-them on here..  honselty their google reviews are good, and its just sad our relationship fell apart, i really had liked them, but fool me once shame on you..fool me twice shame on me i cant keep paying you if you wont show up.)

Buy some Conquer and a 2 gallon sprayer.  You can do the whole house in about an hour.  Get some Advance ant bait and a few bait holders and stick the in the ground around the house.  The kill themselves this way by taking the bait back to the colony.  Spray the perimeter with the Conquer.

14 minutes ago, Tunaman said:

Buy some Conquer and a 2 gallon sprayer.  You can do the whole house in about an hour.  Get some Advance ant bait and a few bait holders and stick the in the ground around the house.  The kill themselves this way by taking the bait back to the colony.  Spray the perimeter with the Conquer.

I have had great luck with Demand CS also.  Both are available on Amazon and are frequently used by professional exterminators.

13 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

I have had great luck with Demand CS also.  Both are available on Amazon and are frequently used by professional exterminators.

If you sprinkle the advance around to test it,  you will not believe the line of ants that you will see in minutes of putting it down.  Every single ant grabs a piece and takes it back home to the queen.  Stuff is amazing. I bought these bait stations and stuck them  in the ground around the house.  Seem to be working great with the Advance in them. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B9IK0IE?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I believe it!  I use Terro liquid ant baits and after a few scouts find it, you have thousands eating and taking it back to kill the entire colony!

The only problem was, I saw the ants in a kitchen cabinet and placed the bait in there. The next morning I heard my wife screaming! We had a black army of thousands of ants making their way to and from the bait.  It was something out of a nightmare.

Needless to say, I am no longer allowed to place them in the house!:rofl:

• Haha 2

ants were never an issue..  it was crickets and beetles..  and any other insect that touched down by the front door porch because they were attracted to a light.   its amazing really how everything at the perimeter of our house would be dead.  which means nothing gets in the house which means happy wife..

"Happy wife" is important.  Know what else makes wives happy? Saving money!

Check out that site.  If memory serves me correctly you can input what type of insects you want to kill and it will recommend you various products.

We had a problem with Cicada Killer Wasps several years ago.  By "we" I mean my wife and younger daughters.  They didnt bother me so much.  Wife called an exterminator.  They were gone and it was costly.  $250 - $300 I think.  That was close to 10 years ago.  Probably even more now.  Next year they were back.

I went on the site.  Purchased a duster can and some insecticide dust for about $50 I think.  I dusted all the burrows in the lawn and they were soon gone.

Honestly, you probably just need a pump sprayer and a general insecticide.  Spray around perimeter of you home every few months.  

This reminds me, I promised the wife I would spray the basement.  She saw a house centipede!  Heavens to Betsy!!

12 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

This reminds me, I promised the wife I would spray the basement.  She saw a house centipede!  Heavens to Betsy!!

Yeah, that doesn’t compare to the scorpion my wife saw in the garage the other day. 

I had to peel her off the ceiling. Damn city girls! 

Edited to add: while my wife has never seen one, we have these little critters too. 

42 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Yeah, that doesn’t compare to the scorpion my wife saw in the garage the other day. 

I had to peel her off the ceiling. Damn city girls! 

Edited to add: while my wife has never seen one, we have these little critters too. 

Good thing it wasn't a snake.....Your wife would have to peel you off the ceiling!:rofl: