124gr9mm

Primers on the store shelf...in North Carolina

11 hours ago, 124gr9mm said:

On a road trip with family and I was pleasantly surprised to see a shelf full of primers in a gun shop. 

Grabbed a box of the Winchester spp for $80 just because...

At 80 bucks, no wonder. 

That's still over double the price pre pandemic. 

Good score tho if you got what you need.

2 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

At 80 bucks, no wonder. 

Yeah, no shipping or hazmat made it an easy decision. 

Any time I stop somewhere with powder/primers at a reasonable prices I grab something. 

9 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

At 80 bucks, no wonder. 

I doubt we'll see sub 40 dollar again. You can't find Large Rifle, Small pistol, Small Rifle and large pistol can be had but are still hovering around 80-120. Btw the Ukraine money launder operation, Inflation ,  possibly china moving on Taiwan, and the fed arming every agency they can It'll be this way for a while before supply is normal and I doubt  prices will return to pre pandemic price ever. Remember it's Government contracts, civilian Ammo and scraps go to reloaders.

I got home from Tennessee overnight. Picked up 1000 Winchester LPP for $108.65 after tax, at a pawn store/gun shop. Overall I'd say powders were more available than primers. Couldn't find powder I was after though. If I saw it I probably would have bought. Prices on primers and powder were competitive, once factoring in shipping and hazmat. Didn't see many projectiles, but I wasn't looking for them either. Ammo prices seemed high to me. 

I'd originally intended to make some more stops on the way back, but I was in "get home mode", plus it was after hours during most of my time on the road. 

• Like 2

Midsouth Shooters Supply is advertising (at least in the email I received today) a sale on CCI small pistol primers.   $69.99/1000.

Shipping and Hazmat will run that price right up, but if you need a lot, or someone wants to set up a group order, you could amortize those costs to something more reasonable.  At least, reasonable in the current sales climate.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 8:52 AM, 10X said:

Midsouth Shooters Supply is advertising (at least in the email I received today) a sale on CCI small pistol primers.   $69.99/1000.

Shipping and Hazmat will run that price right up, but if you need a lot, or someone wants to set up a group order, you could amortize those costs to something more reasonable.  At least, reasonable in the current sales climate.

It's good to see the primer prices (SLOWLY) coming down.

Midsouth regularly runs either free Hazmat or free shipping on primers/powders, so I typically wait until then to order.

On 8/25/2023 at 7:04 PM, kc17 said:

I got home from Tennessee overnight. Picked up 1000 Winchester LPP for $108.65 after tax, at a pawn store/gun shop. Overall I'd say powders were more available than primers. Couldn't find powder I was after though. If I saw it I probably would have bought. Prices on primers and powder were competitive, once factoring in shipping and hazmat. Didn't see many projectiles, but I wasn't looking for them either. Ammo prices seemed high to me. 

I'd originally intended to make some more stops on the way back, but I was in "get home mode", plus it was after hours during most of my time on the road. 

Yeah, whenever I'm on a road trip I stop and check out prices an reloading supplies.  Along the Rt 95 corridor between NJ and Florida I think Springhill Outfitters has the best supply and prices on firearms related stuff.

https://springhilloutfitters.com/

Easy on/off the highway and very friendly staff.  They have giant billboards for several miles in each directions advertising their exit and "Guns, Ammo, & Freedom"...

Here's today's newsletter from SG Ammo. I invite you to read his opening narrative regarding ammo pricing. Over the last 15 years I have found Sam's opinions to be well founded. I'm convinced that we're never going to see 16 cents/round 9mm ever again. So if you need to fill in your position, or round out your inventory, now might be the time to do it. He's also still highlighting the Winchester products eligible for rebate.

Deep Deals On Ammo @ SGAmmo | SGAmmo.com