revenger

pa trooper abusing law

My grandmother taught me people can't (shouldn't) believe everything they hear or read, and only half of what they see.  These love triangle situations can be complicated.  The only thing out of the story I can say for certain is;  The trooper is an idiot for having an affair.

So, let's say the trooper either seduces, or gets himself seduced by a batshit crazy woman, they have an affair, and now the woman wants the trooper all for herself or asks for some unsavory favor.  She now has the power to exploit the illicit liaison as leverage to blackmail and destroy the trooper's career and marriage if she does not get what she wants.  Classic honeypot. 

For whatever reason, the affair went sideways (as they usually do) and she was putting the screws to him.  Ask yourself, why would anyone (cop or not) try to do something like this unless they were being threatened   Did he randomly do it just for fun because he's a sadistic SOB, or more likely, used her veiled threats of suicide and blowing up his marriage and career to deal with the likely blackmail that was going on.

I'm not saying the cop was justified in using erpo to deal with a scorned woman, but when someone is backed into a corner, they will use whatever tools they have in their kit to deal with a threat.  I'm not suggesting we give the cop a free pass, he is certainly culpable because he allowed himself to enter into an affair that exposed him to extortion.  What I am saying is before dog piling on the cop, maybe get the entire story before making a summary judgement.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

My grandmother also taught me “never stick your dick in crazy”.  

That's just part of the first of the 2 Universal Rules of Humanity:

The entire first rule says "Don't stick it in crazy. It never ends well."

The second rule is from the other perspective, and reads "All men are pigs."

On 9/26/2023 at 10:58 AM, njJoniGuy said:

That's just part of the first of the 2 Universal Rules of Humanity:

The entire first rule says "Don't stick it in crazy. It never ends well."

The second rule is from the other perspective, and reads "All men are pigs."

You must have not gotten the memo. There is a 3rd newly approved rule:

”No matter how great you may think she/he is, someone out there is sick of their shit.”

• Haha 1

Here's the Daily Mail article:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...int-crazy.html

In Pennsylvania, police and doctors can automatically get approval for a person to be evaluated for involuntary commitment, unlike private citzens who need to provde first hand information of dangerous behavior.  Sadly, this trooper abused his authority by treating this as a law enforcement matter, when it should have been done as a private citizen, which dont get automatically approved. If the woman really was an immediate danger, a mental health delegate could have approved it.

On 9/26/2023 at 9:27 AM, Scorpio64 said:

My grandmother taught me people can't (shouldn't) believe everything they hear or read, and only half of what they see.  These love triangle situations can be complicated.  The only thing out of the story I can say for certain is;  The trooper is an idiot for having an affair.

So, let's say the trooper either seduces, or gets himself seduced by a batshit crazy woman, they have an affair, and now the woman wants the trooper all for herself or asks for some unsavory favor.  She now has the power to exploit the illicit liaison as leverage to blackmail and destroy the trooper's career and marriage if she does not get what she wants.  Classic honeypot. 

For whatever reason, the affair went sideways (as they usually do) and she was putting the screws to him.  Ask yourself, why would anyone (cop or not) try to do something like this unless they were being threatened   Did he randomly do it just for fun because he's a sadistic SOB, or more likely, used her veiled threats of suicide and blowing up his marriage and career to deal with the likely blackmail that was going on.

I'm not saying the cop was justified in using erpo to deal with a scorned woman, but when someone is backed into a corner, they will use whatever tools they have in their kit to deal with a threat.  I'm not suggesting we give the cop a free pass, he is certainly culpable because he allowed himself to enter into an affair that exposed him to extortion.  What I am saying is before dog piling on the cop, maybe get the entire story before making a summary judgement.

Sheesh, Scorpio! That's a lot of innuendo on your part. Have you made your own "summary judgement"? I just feel compelled to say: when a man is accused of terrible behavior, it's not always because a batshit crazy woman drove him to it. :facepalm:  Sometimes, it's simply because he's a terrible person.

This crowd does seem to pull the "crazy woman" card on occasion! I remember during that Gabby Petito case, someone on here said he was sure she was "crazy" based on the way she was crying to the cop. Then it came out that people witnessed her boyfriend smacking her around shortly BEFORE they were pulled over by those cops... so it seems she was understandably tearful and rattled. We all know what happened later... he ended up killing her, dumping her body, and torturing her family by remaining silent about his crime. So, WHO was actually the crazy one as it turns out?

In this case, you say: the only thing we know about this trooper is that he was an idiot for having the affair. Really? Is that all we know?

• We know that he went out of his way to get his mistress involuntarily committed.
  • We know that aside from the poor judgement of having an affair, he used yet more extremely poor judgement by deciding to arrest her himself (while off-duty, with a civilian buddy)... rather than letting another officer handle it. (He stupidly put himself in an emotionally compromising situation where he was likely to lose his temper).
  • We know it was a rough arrest because he's on film tossing her around like a garbage bag, sitting on her, etc.
  • We know this woman was LOCKED UP FOR FIVE DAYS AGAINST HER WILL.
  • We know the mental health professionals said she was NOT suicidal.
  • We know the case was investigated - and one might presume statements from all parties were taken as well as the video analyzed - and as a result, NUMEROUS very serious charges have been brought against him. 

Though I very much agree with you that he has a presumption of innocence as the accused, shouldn't we all confer a presumption of innocence for her, too - until proven otherwise? You've taken it to the polar opposite and done a (barely hypothetical) character assassination against someone who may very well be a victim of a very egregious abuse of power. I know you... you seem to be a very nice man. If something like this happened to a woman you care about, I dare say you'd go ballistic... and rightly so! Let's not set her up as the crazy one quite yet.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Sheesh, Scorpio!

Peel, I'm not going to try to unpack your entire reply.  All I'm going to say is this. My life experiences, which I decline to share in specifics, has taught me at the very least, It take two to tango. 

My beef is that the woman gets ALL the sympathy for becoming a victim of her own making. The very nature of their relationship invited misfortune and she owns half of that. Full stop.   I suppose the mistress got what she wanted in the end.  She certainly did a good job of ruining the cops life, to get even for hm breaking off the affair.  She got her pound of flesh, though it apparently cost her too.  Hell hath no fury, etc etc...

People need to know when it's time to walk away from an already bad and deteriorating situation, but prideful people with huge egos have a difficult time doing that. Sometimes the best way to win is to walk away.

• Like 1