Grapeshot

Boxelder bugs

Sighted in a new scope at Clinton WMA today. Beautiful day, but the range was loaded with boxelder bugs.  I've got a ton of them at my house too. I sprayed and that helped, but they seem to be everywhere. Anyone else seeing an order of magnitude increase this year? 

6 hours ago, Grapeshot said:

Sighted in a new scope at Clinton WMA today. Beautiful day, but the range was loaded with boxelder bugs.  I've got a ton of them at my house too. I sprayed and that helped, but they seem to be everywhere. Anyone else seeing an order of magnitude increase this year? 

What time were you there? Friend and i were on the right side, being mobbed by approximately ALL of them, plus stinkbugs and ladybugs too

1 hour ago, Malice4you said:

What time were you there? Friend and i were on the right side, being mobbed by approximately ALL of them, plus stinkbugs and ladybugs too

I had a similar experience at Collier-Mills today. Didn’t know what they were called until I saw this post. 

12 hours ago, Malice4you said:

I was there around noon - I think I saw you and your friend. I was on the other end sighting in a Ruger 10/22.  Thanks for acting as a decoy for the stinkbugs and ladybugs!

1 minute ago, Grapeshot said:

I was there around noon - I think I saw you and your friend. I was on the other end sighting in a Ruger 10/22.  Thanks for acting as a decoy for the stinkbugs and ladybugs!

Yep, that was us. It got even worse later on. Somehow.

I really would love to know why the right side was so much more attractive to them.  When cleaning the rifles last night, I was surprised I didn't have multiple bugs trapped under the scope caps. Have had that in the past with stink bugs.