El Jefe

State Checks for CCW

I had a chance to speak with the officer in charge of gun permits in my town and I asked him what was going on with my CCW application. It's been 50 days since application. He says that they are waiting on some check results from the state and that the state is deliberately slower on CCW apps then it is on anything else. Gun purchase permits were handled swiftly in my town and are well below the 30-day period they have, so I tend to believe him that this is true.

Anyone knows what those checks are and has similar experience?

1 minute ago, Tunaman said:

My town tells me different.  3-4 weeks for the PTC but months more if you are applying for the FID and or pistol permits.

I think that your town is less then truthful. Or they are talking to someone else at state then my town.

In my town and the 2 towns around a lot of my friends just got FID and pistol permits in less then 20 days and this also echos my experience.

On 12/15/2023 at 3:10 PM, El Jefe said:

I think that your town is less then truthful. Or they are talking to someone else at state then my town.

In my town and the 2 towns around a lot of my friends just got FID and pistol permits in less then 20 days and this also echos my experience.

Sounds like your guy is full of shit too.

PTC's are turning over within 30 days in my town.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 124gr9mm said:

Sounds like your guy is full of shit too.

PTC's are turning over within 30 days in my town.

My PTC took 3 weeks.  My P2Ps have been 2 months with no word!  It seems they are in a hurry to issue CCWs and screw the FIDs and P2Ps!:mad:

16 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

how different is it to get p2p now? i haven't bought one since they went to online....but i'm seeing 2 that i'm thinking i gots ta have.......

In my town it took 20 days. As its all online not sure what need to happen for the local PD to approve you, but they have 30 days so I guess 20 is not that bad

I just started my CCW adventure today. My town is usually quick with P2P's. Matter of fact I have 2 in the process right now. We'll see how long it takes for the CCW. I'm gonna drop off a check tomorrow.

9 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

My town issued my CCW in about 3 weeks. My 2 P2Ps took almost 2 months!

It’s all over the place. I applied for my CCW 3 days after getting approval for my p2ps and it’s 3 1/2 weeks later. You’d think that it would be redundant. Who knows? There’s no standard. 

I'm now at 5 1/2 weeks. Left a message with local PD asking if they needed any more info from me for any reason. NO REPLY! They've been very quick with P2P's (14 days), but can't figure this one out. It's basically the same background check.