xXxplosive

Glock has died....I'm hearin'.

Multiple media sources reporting Gaston Glock's passing. As far as pioneering of handgun design is concerned, his name is at the same level of importance as John Browning's.
I wonder what this will do to the company. He was 94 and likely wasn't involved into every day running of the company. I am curious if he had anything to do with the conservatism of the company that hasn't deviated from the original design much. He wasn't going to sell his company or take it public, but nobody knows what his family will do. 

59 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Not perfection when there isn't any 19th or 27th month.

lol. Perfect like the imperial system?

1 hour ago, Mr.Stu said:

In Europe the date notation is in order of increasing duration - i.e. day.month.year 

This is at least logical compared to the US method.

Not just Europe. 

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

Believe what? I’m not reading an entire Wiki article to figure out what you find surprising. 

Not meant to sound dickish (although it does).

I’m actually interested in what you find surprising, it just drives me nuts when people post click-baitey stuff like that.

Maybe it is that after nabbing as many rocket scientists as we could after WWII, we're still taking newer weapon technology from an Austrian? :peep:

4 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

In Europe the date notation is in order of increasing duration - i.e. day.month.year 

This is at least logical compared to the US method.

Well you would 100% worng becuse the United State military also uses d-m-y not to mention most of the Foutune 1000 companies in the U.S.

• FacePalm 1

7 minutes ago, dino71 said:

Well you would 100% worng becuse the United State military also uses d-m-y not to mention most of the Foutune 1000 companies in the U.S.

What did I say that was wrong, even a little bit?

They do use d-m-y in Europe.

The m-d-y method is used in the US. I never said it was used exclusively.

The US military also use Zulu time (AKA GMT or UTC - minor differences, but close enough for government work). Does that mean EST doesn't exist? or that daylight savings doesn't kick in every year?

• Agree 1