DirtyDigz

Platkin release NJ PTC data, encourages placement of "no-gun" decals

Anyone who had trouble accessing the Tableau format or trying to review this information with your mobile phones, you can use this new alternative report which can be found at https://www.njnics.com/ptc.php

It's nothing fancy but should answer all your questions quickly.   

2 hours ago, father-of-three said:

Has the legislature passed a law yet giving no gun signs the "force of law?" (I'm assuming no such law existed before Bruen since they didn't issue permits)  If they did, is it part of thebrushed laws they passed that are currently held up in court?

i seem to recall seeing that discussed somewhere in here awhile back.....and i think that the general consensus was that they do. i don't wanna be the test case though. i'm poor. can't afford a lawyer.

1 hour ago, mason82 said:

Anyone who had trouble accessing the Tableau format or trying to review this information with your mobile phones, you can use this new alternative report which can be found at https://www.njnics.com/ptc.php

ok. so most of those denials look like reasons that would prevent one from owning the firearm in the first place.......

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, mason82 said:

How are there 2 carry permits issued to 19 year olds? Doesn't the statute have a minimum age of 21?

• Like 1

That's a great question Mr.Stu and we're looking into it.  We can confirm the information reported is accurate and using the information the state provided.     While we can't say for sure, we're looking into a few possibilities that may of allowed this.     A basic typo by the issuing department could of been possible (since it appears they manually submitted this information to the AG),  but we feel that's unlikely.    We're pretty sure this would of raised a ton of red flags before they posted this report.    The over 90+ age group is also interesting. 

If the NJ Carry stipulations of where we can and can't carry is the Law of the Land, how could these signs be legal? What if it went the other way where a bar owner put up a sign " guns allowed"? Would that make it OK for us to go in? I can't see how these sings would be legal. Might be the establishment's preference, but not the law. I don't see it holding water.

On 3/14/2024 at 8:19 PM, 45Doll said:

OK. Start the timer for the first armed robbery at a decaled business.

And the perpetrator of course will not have a permit to carry. Nor can they probably read.

Does this mean we can sue a business that posts that decal if we're harmed in their store during an armed robbery?

/SarcOff/

I already know the answer.

The perp will probably have hopped off one of Greg Abbott's buses early...

On 3/17/2024 at 8:27 AM, FDHog said:

If the NJ Carry stipulations of where we can and can't carry is the Law of the Land, how could these signs be legal? What if it went the other way where a bar owner put up a sign " guns allowed"? Would that make it OK for us to go in? I can't see how these sings would be legal. Might be the establishment's preference, but not the law. I don't see it holding water.

The regs passed in NJ in response to Judge Bumb's decision forcing the issue of CC permits does provide that any business that posts such a sign becomes a restricted area. Those new regs were partially overturned (more to it than that, but don't feel like writing a novel at the moment) but that provision remains in effect. Clearly unconstitutional, along with most other NJ carry regs, but in terms of state law it is "legal", until overturned by a higher court.

On 3/14/2024 at 8:29 PM, dilbert1967 said:

I find it interesting that the state is reporting approximately 33,400 permit-to carry applications since Bruen and Anthony, on his GFH show two weeks ago, stated that he has qualified just over 30,000 applicants on his range.  I think the state is under-reporting....again.  Especially when youj consider all of the other ranges that were doing qualifications.  "Transparency" is a foreign concept to Murphy and crew.

There certainly would appear to be a discrepancy there. As much as I despise the way PRNJ is run, and the clowns running it, I honestly don't see how they would think they could get away with under-reporting permit applications and issuance by that large of a factor. I can't imagine that more than 25% (SWAG) of all NJ PtC applicants quaify at GFH, my expectation is that the actual fraction is considerably lower. I wonder if a significant number of those GFH qualifiers don't bother completing the application process for one reason or another.

Posted (edited)

There's a few things I noted on the website that's important to consider: 

Red Flag 1: Exclusion of Pending Applications
The state demanded pending applications not be included.

Red Flag 2: Exclusion of Application Date vs. Issue Date
The state didn't report the application date versus the issue date .

Red Flag 3: Exclusion of Demographics
Demographics by locality was not provided even though the state has this on the municipality level.

What's even more interesting is the fact they actually have this information. 

So not only were the towns instructed to not include pending submissions, the state intentionally didn't want to share it with us.  They also only displayed demographics on county level by the way which was probably done intentionally (you can't find out town by town).   They also don't show approval/denial rates by age or race.  

This is the spreadsheet every municipality had to submit:  https://www.nj.gov/oag/dcj/agguide/directives/ag-Directive-2023-02_Appendix-A.xlsx for those interested. 

The tabulation we created can be found here:  https://www.njnics.com/ptc.php

Edited by njnics
  • Like 2
  • Informative 2

1 hour ago, DirtyDigz said:

Did we cover the Mayor of Englishtown's response to Platkin's sticker yet?:

https://twitter.com/DFrancisco7/status/1773161575475532275

Nice!

I saw this on a door in Sodus Bay, NY when we were up there watching the overcast that had an eclipse behind it on Monday.  Much of upstate NY feels the same way about the nonsense that comes out of Albany and NYC.

IMG_4311.thumb.jpeg.67dab3305860a79a629b7c3535bd0cb0.jpeg

• Like 3

On 3/15/2024 at 12:30 PM, 1LtCAP said:

should also require every single business that chooses to not allow guns in their places to provide secure storage for our firearms. kinda like some sheriffs depts use when entering their holding areas. each locker has only one key, which is taken when the gun is deposited. if they all want to treat us like criminals, it's time to make em pay.

I'm not sure about private business but since the AG is denying carrying on/in public land and buildings they should be forced to provide a safe storage place.

Citarelli is running again. He didn't lose by much and the turnout was horrible. If every gun owner in NJ would get out and vote in the next Gov election, we might be able to turn things around. If Ras Baraka gets in you can expect more of the same.

Someone's been doing their homework!

The dashboard has saved many people a lot of work in trying to get data that proves that more guns does equal less crime.

Data on N.J. Permit to Carry Applications Shows Excessive Waits – Bearing Arms

Ironically, Mrs. 45Doll and I just re-upped our PA LTCFS and it took all of three days online. And cost $26.13 each.