matt6669

Ruger 10/22 Need help

Man thats a gorgeous Ruger. How do you like the silver scope with the silver barrel. I have the same color combo with my Rem 700, and I just ordered a Nikon scope for it in silver, hoping I made the right decision.

Thanks, at first I put a black scope on it and didn't like it so I put on my son's .22 (an old Montgomery Ward Auto I gave him) and got a silver one.

Not sure why the Mark III Hunter does not have her Red Dot on in the picture? The M&P .40 was traded up to my XD-9 Tactical.

you know I was actually going to buy one of those but I have no problems at all with my mag release.

I'll give you guys the inside scoop so if you ever buy another 10/22 you never have to go out and buy one of these.

Just hold the guy the way you'd shoot it, push the button in from the bottom, and out drops the mag, apparently gravity is a wonderful thing.

I had been shooting my buddies 10/22 for months and always flipping it upside down and trying to take it out im like wow this is so stupid.

first time I shot my 10/22 was to scope it in, and im like oh wait let me see and im like omg this is great!

I know how to take out the mag :D with the Tac Sol release I do not have to remove my trigger hand from the stock. With my middle finger I press on the release and Gravity drops it out. put the next mag in with the left hand.

Matt needs to try the djg0770 takeoff on the TacSol release before he passes judgment.

ok i gotta ask, why did you not buy the inferno stock??

And secondly what makes that fiberglass stock worth that much money, thats INSANE!

The wood stock they make is absolutely gorgeous I might actually buy that for mine so it matches my Rem 700

The inferno stock is to fancy looking for my tatse, i got the Macmillian stock on the cheap.

my next buy(i hope)

https://www.volquartsen.com/products/43 ... fire-rifle

saw that last night and my jaw dropped. I could think of a lot of other things to spend between 2 and 3 grand on lol

If you're looking for adjustability, the Fajen Legacy stock has both an adjustable comb and butt stock. The comb goes up and down and can be adjusted with a thumbwheel. The butt stock can adjust the overall LOP, the butt pad slides up and down and also rotates to get it just right. It locks down tight with set screws so its not a "collapsible" stock. I have one on my rifle and its very solid and quality made. You'll spend a lot more on the Bell and Carlson for the same amount of adjustability.

Midway often has these on sale for ~$100.

fajepic548656.jpg

Alright, all this stuff on 10/22s FORCED me to go out & buy one! :D Have been wanting a rimfire rifle fro practice & cost and ammo availability, and one I could build on eventually with the tons of accessories & whatnot available, picked it up tonite. Anyways, practiced taking apart & putting mag in & out, cycling bolt, played loading mag & whatnot. Can't wait to try her out--

Alright, all this stuff on 10/22s FORCED me to go out & buy one! :D Have been wanting a rimfire rifle fro practice & cost and ammo availability, and one I could build on eventually with the tons of accessories & whatnot available, picked it up tonite. Anyways, practiced taking apart & putting mag in & out, cycling bolt, played loading mag & whatnot. Can't wait to try her out--

Guns are contagious. Congrats. Post pics :)

Alright, as required, here's a pic of the new addition. Nothing fancy (yet) just yer basic 10/22 to start with. Kind of like the clean slate thing. First will probably be an inexpensive scope, to see how well I adapt to that, then a more expensive one to be used on this and other long guns as I acquire them. Have also ordered a CMP M1, maybe have Santa coming down the chimney with a Garand for me!

Also, one more, the m1895 Nagant my grandfather brought back from WW2, there is a story behind it, so its a family history piece. I have shot the thing several times and have a couple boxes ammo for it.