Genewarper111

sig 556, NJ version

Was at Shore Shot today. Bought a new Ruger GP100 (.357/.38), 6" blue for $510 - good deal.

Today, Shore Shot was willin to sell me a Sig556 SCM for less than 1450 (that's the price at other places), but I want a better deal :mrgreen:

Kyle, the surfer dude, is going to tell me next week what price he can sell for. If less than 1400 I will buy it.

btw. that place has 3% sales tax, so you can save few bucks.

Kyle, the surfer dude, is going to tell me next week what price he can sell for. If less than 1400 I will buy it.

Lol that he is he is also the the owners son.

If there is anyway for him to keep the price low then he will for sure, he is a good guy.

I don't care much for the Sayreville Sportsman. I remember them having really high prices on a few Sigs I was interested in a couple of years ago, and them not being very flexible on price. A few times I have also found it hard to get salesman's attention because they are too busy BSing with their buddies. I won't buy anything from them any more.

//Rant off// :(

I don't care much for the Sayreville Sportsman. I remember them having really high prices on a few Sigs I was interested in a couple of years ago, and them not being very flexible on price. A few times I have also found it hard to get salesman's attention because they are too busy BSing with their buddies. I won't buy anything from them any more.

//Rant off// :(

You are right. The prices on the pistols were extremely high.

Theres a sig556 at meltzers i think for less than a grand might be wrong i think the sales man said $8xx the gun was used and a few scars on it around the shell exit..

Meltzers in garfield

Yea that won't last long

Theres a sig556 at meltzers i think for less than a grand might be wrong i think the sales man said $8xx the gun was used and a few scars on it around the shell exit..

Meltzers in garfield

Those scars are normal, all 556's that have been shot will have them, unless the owner put a peice of velcro tape or similar on that area to prevent it from happening. Similar to the shell deflector on an AR. Personally I feel it adds character.

I wouldnt be suprised if Sayreville Sportsman wouldnt accept a cash offer to move some of those guns. They've been sitting on them for a long time

I dunno, can;t hurt to ask, he HAS been sitting on them forever. However he put some significant cash into them during the hording craze in 2009. Then the craze died down, and then sig lowered the price and screwed over a LOT of sig stocking dealers. so dunno... i don't think "cut your losses" is a phrase they understand well there.

Its funny that this topic just resurfaced.

Today, my co-worker was looking into this rifle and I told him its around $1,000-1,200 for one. The last time he checked it out, it was $2,000 (probably when they first came out).

the 556s r making some noice in the gun market ;)

Those scars are normal, all 556's that have been shot will have them, unless the owner put a peice of velcro tape or similar on that area to prevent it from happening. Similar to the shell deflector on an AR. Personally I feel it adds character.

Oh ok,now i c..im might put somerhing in that area to protect it from shells poping out..

FYI, regarding any 556 issues... Just call Sig if there is a problem, they will take care of you. They have excellent customer service. I called for some spare parts of common wear items, as I just like to have them on hand. The guy on the phone over at Sig was about to send them to me for free b/c he thought I may have had a problem. I explained I just want them as spares and I will pay for them, he gave me free shipping in the end. :)

You guys are over paying. They are $1250 at hagues with the red dot site. That place is the most expensive gun shop I've been to. Call Ed's gun shop in deptford his sig prices are the best I've seen. Last year when I bought my p250 hagues was asking $750 and Ed's sold it to me for $520 and I didn't have to haggle. He quoted me at about $1000 for the 516 before upgrades

I just ordered the Sig 556 SCM from Ramsey Outdoor for $1099, that includes the sig red dot.

The funny thing is, they have a used one on consignment with obvious wear on the receiver for $1200.

im really shocked to see this rifle was going for $1400+, some online retailers still have this price, which is insane!