Sign in to follow this  
rscalzo

What Ever Happened To Giving Someone The Finger?

Florida Driver Shoots Teen, Kills Self

Posted: August 10th, 2009 11:31 AM GMT-05:00

ODESSA, Fla. --

Authorities say a 34-year-old southwest Florida man shot a teenager in an apparent road rage incident and then killed himself.

Pasco Sheriff's deputies say the unidentified driver got angry when a 17-year-old driver did not pull up far enough at a stop sign. The man shot the teen, hitting him twice in the leg. The shooter then turned the gun on himself, killing himself inside his car.

Authorities do not believe the two knew each other before the shooting. The investigation continues. The teen was taken to the hospital. His condition is not known.

Yeah, just seems that is COMPLETELY illogical to shoot some one and kill yourself over a traffic incident. Hopefully the investigators will dig a little deeper and find something that makes a little sense to give both families some answers / closure.

I give someone the finger every day driving. mostly for people tailgating while i am towing boats, and if you pass me and get in front of me and slow down your getting the finger and i will pull up as i am passing you to make sure you see me..

There is a lot of "stupid" out on the road.

This Morning i saw a Honda with a flat front tire doing 50mph in front of me,chunks of tire were flying off and the wheel trim was mashed up and about to come off.

I over took the Honda and saw a little old lady driving without a care in the world and the steering wheel was wobbling like crazy.........she had no idea the front tire was flat.

never heard of background checks?

Most states do not have access to medical records. there is no central database of that information that I'm aware of accessible to anyone not in the medical field.

um... he was wearing a bullet proof vest and had another in the truck..... yeah.....

bi polar, off his meds, had a rifle and handgun on him in the truck, had arguement with his gf and his parents. that would set someone off.

In russia, before you are even given a drivers license, they check your mental and health records.

In Russia

They may have the ability but privacy laws severely limit what medical information can be given out. I couldn't even call the emergency room in our town and get specific information on someone's condition. There are databases that hold information between medical groups but nothing that can simply be logged into and get a look at a medical history for a background check similar to the NCIC and III systems.

Even if they did have such a system, who decides what is a disqualify? I certainly couldn't say what medical condition would limit someone's ability to possess a firearm. Criminal offenses are easier and they fall into a category set in statute. Consequently, I could read a diagnosis and not have a clue what it meant. That would mean a medical professional would have to have input into the process. If someone has a problem sleeping and seeks help from a mental health professional should they be denied? It really is far from cut and dried.

It is. And those same HIPPA laws prevent you from getting your child's records as well. Yet, there are Medical Information Bureaus that keep records of all your medical records for insurance purposes.

The exams in russia are basicly you have to have 2 letters from your doctors, one from your regular doctor and one from therapist that signs off stating that you are in good physical condition, ie can see and have good vision, as well as mentally sane to drive a vehicle and not just goign to mowe people down the street.

Secondly, starting at age 70?, or around there, there is a required annual or biannual reexamination. For young drivers, have to be 21 I believe to get a vehicle, and the rules are very strict. They dont mess around with alcohol and drugs either.... one strike, and you are out.

the more I visit other states.... the more I realize, the more populated the state is... the more aholes there are around, who I would be afraid of if they had firearms. In my trips out to midwest, and new england... with the exception of MassHole drivers... :lol: , people are very polite up there.