Sign in to follow this  
BCeagle

Video game offering night vision goggles?

I just saw that Modern Warfare 2 will be available in a special addition with night vision goggles for $150. Is that possible? Supposedly they are real but didnt think they were that cheap to add into a game for an extra $75. I cant figure out the makes based on the views I saw but seemed cheap.

The goggles are a webcam with a IR-LED matrix wrapped around it. It's EXTREMELY cheaply made and you're better off getting a real professional Nightvision setup.

Yup, here's a review of the night vision "goggles" (actually a monocular in a "goggle" frame) you'd likely be getting:

http://www.cockeyed.com/science/nightvision/nightvision01.shtml

nightvision_05.jpg

Ha, yea... I heard about the NVG MW2 is offering. Honestly, I wouldn't even waste my money on mil-spec NVGs, suckers are going to cost you an arm and a leg-- and cost you just as much to keep them maintained.

But hey, the game is going to be awesome!

My reasoning is that Xbox360/PS3 games are already overpriced at $60. Now you're going to spend the money for something that is the equivalent to http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3073332. The NVGs are definitely cool looking, but I'd never wear those things in fear of what a light flare would do to my eyes. But hey man, the Prestige edition is just that...