rifleman

range report

Central jersey and any indoor range is apples and oranges. I have been to Central jersey a few times... but one thing that is lacking is a nice nice indoor range. While the range itself is nice... it is only 50ft. If they had a 25 yard, 50, or even 100, would be THE place to go to.

Meh.. once you shoot outside, you don't want to go back inside.

Problem is... shooting outside is not as convenient per say.

No returning targets. Have to wait for an all clear based on everyone else.

If the club gets busy... can get hectic.

Though I do love shooting outdoors. =)

Problem is... shooting outside is not as convenient per say.

No returning targets. Have to wait for an all clear based on everyone else.

If the club gets busy... can get hectic.

Though I do love shooting outdoors. =)

I've NEVER gone to my range (during "open" shooting) where I didn't have a private pistol pit.. and on the 100 yard range, there at most, have been 2 other shooters.

The multiple 100 yard walks to check/change your targets in the 100 degree heat can be a killer though.. :lol::lol: Thats when you just drive the truck down there.. haha... I gotta get a spotting scope :lol:

I like the outdoors, it doesn't make me feel like I'm doing anything illegal.. instead of cramped inside, loud, full of lead dust in the air.. worrying about getting shot through the stall wall..

I also belong to CJRPC and shoot at BA. The indoor range at BA is clean, new and now has AC. Sorry CJRPC doesn't. And when it is hot and humid I want to be comfortable. Also BA is 10 min from my house and CJRPC is 35 min so that is an additional 50 min driving which is substantial.

PS BA is great cause I am always running into forum members there. Mauser you are more than welcome to join us on any Tue and see for yourself.

Exactly my thought's. I never shoot indoors. There is nothing like being outside. I've shot at CJ in 7 degree weather with snow on the ground and in 95+ degree temps.

Plus I like shooting at reactive targets. I only shoot paper when sighting in otherwise I find shooting holes in paper BORING.

I find shooting holes in paper BORING.

Yeah, paper interests me for about 5 mins. VERRRRY boring. Reactive targets are ALOT more fun / interesting.

My favorite is full cans of soda and milk jugs filled with water, food coloring and a little dish detergent. Hit them with a .223 or .308 and let the fun begin!!

There is nothing like a reactive target. Watching a coconut fragment is great. I enjoy shooting at Dix, but the convenience of BA's hours and proximity to me make it my first stop lately. The clean friendly atmosphere are a definate plus. While uching paper does get boring you have to think of ways to shange it up.

One of the things that kept me from joining CJ was their indoor range was closed for so long. There are times you just need to shoot inside.

My response probably can canvas other threads. I would love to get membership at CJRPC because I too am a big believer in shooting outdoors (I would rather save my lungs the trouble-- hence the reason why I quit smoking). And the fact that they have a 24/7 indoor range is a nice touch, though I'm not big on pistol shooting anymore. They are a bit closer to me then BA or SS, and seems far more accessible then Range 14 (considering range 14 is seasonal and day-dependent). I also do like the fact that CJRPC has a lot of events, though I'm not that big on shooting with strangers 8-) .

However, after meeting the guys at BA, and without even applying much effort to reach out there-- I have to admit that its friendly without being overbearing. I could stand in my stall and shoot, or BS with the guys at the counter, or probably the other NJGF guys that would be there. And now that they've added the more intimate, hands-on defense/tac courses, I'm excited to see how BA will continue to grow in catering to veteran shooters, casual shooters, and newbies.

I LOVE Brick Armory, but Central Jersey is awesome. there is no comparison to outside vs inside shooting, and if you get a pistol pit (I've only had to wait ONCE for one), you run the show

BA lets you shoot rifles inside, which is a HUGE plus. Even though I am an expert marksman (please don't break your ribs from laughing), sometimes I want to shoot close range and Central Jersey does not allow you to do that. also, I don't like that the pits don't allow pistol caliber rifles (except 22), but I understand, as people would take advantage of that I think and start shooting everything saying OH! It can be put into a pistol!

the heat doesn't bother me, and I love the cold, so I am looking forward to the winter over there.

You cant beat Tuesday nights at BA though

Agreed, BA is a GREAT place. I really enjoy the meet-ups we do there. VERY friendly staff, I've learned alot from those guys. I'm just more into rifles than pistols, and I like long range shooting so when I'm in a rifle mood Ft. Dix is the place. Unfortunately their hours are not the best, so BA will be a better fit if one enjoys shooting pistols or rifles at a closer range.

Agreed, BA is a GREAT place. I really enjoy the meet-ups we do there. VERY friendly staff, I've learned alot from those guys. I'm just more into rifles than pistols, and I like long range shooting so when I'm in a rifle mood Ft. Dix is the place. Unfortunately their hours are not the best, so BA will be a better fit if one enjoys shooting pistols or rifles at a closer range.

Better enjoy it while you can. He will never survive after OGAM kicks in.

If that is the fate of BA because of OGAM then that will be the fate of all FFL's and we better pray that is not the case.

Mauser you really are not a fan of BA are you????

Nope. After getting screwed over more than once it's safe to say "I'm not a fan " and he will never see another penny's worth of business from me.

OK you are entitled to feel that way but you seem to bad mouth him every chance you can. While that may be your experience many of us have a good time at BA.

Well good for you. My experience sucked!!! Big time more then once. Opinions are like as=====s. Everyone has one.

Mauser why not come down on a Tuesday and bury the hatchet

What good is all that hatred doing you?

Come hang out, you seem like a good guy always volunteering to help other people out on the forum, you are an asset to this community, and I'm sure everyone would like to meet you

tiny

Mauser why not come down on a Tuesday and bury the hatchet

What good is all that hatred doing you?

Come hang out, you seem like a good guy always volunteering to help other people out on the forum, you are an asset to this community, and I'm sure everyone would like to meet you

tiny

I personally know a few shooters on this forum. More on AR15.com and the NJCSD forum too.

People that know me know I tell the truth.

I shoot most Sunday mornings at CJ for the last 21 years. Your welcome to join me anytime.

I have to agree with Mauser88. I've only been in Brick Armory once a few years ago, but my experience then was enough to make me leave without buying anything and vow never to go back.

Hearing stories like the guy who bought a WASR-10 for $900 from them recently doesn't do much to change my opinion either.