rifleman

range report

Just came back from Fort Dix and it was scorching hot !

Eventhough it was hot, most tables were used - glad to see a lot of diehards, no matter what the temperature was.

It's a great place for trying your shotguns with water jugs - lots of fun.

Being somewhat new to shotgun, I'm amazed that birdshot was poking holes on my target at 50 feet. Not sure how lethal it would be at that distance though.

$900 is high for that but if it was when people were buying ar's for $1900 after the election then the whole industry should be avoided. Personal experiences exempted of course. I have been in shops others love and hated them.

Oh please. $900.00 for a WASR is a ripoff under any circumstance. Nice try on the spin.

$900 is high for that but if it was when people were buying ar's for $1900 after the election then the whole industry should be avoided. Personal experiences exempted of course. I have been in shops others love and hated them.

Oh please. $900.00 for a WASR is a ripoff under any circumstance. Nice try on the spin.

No spin, I agree it is too high, all I wrote was depending when he picked it up there was a lot of overpriced stuff everywhere, not just at the place you do not like. I think $1900 for an AR is a rip off, hence I did not rush out to buy one, if you did during all that fiasco then you got ripped off and were happy to have it done. It all comes down to doing your research. If you rush out aimlessly and get taken it is your own fault. With anything, not just guns.

Eventhough it was hot, most tables were used - glad to see a lot of diehards, no matter what the temperature was.

Being somewhat new to shotgun, I'm amazed that birdshot was poking holes on my target at 50 feet. Not sure how lethal it would be at that distance though.

I just joined range 14 yesterday it was the first time I was ever there I got there about 2pm left at 4pm. It was nice to shoot outside and it was HOT. I thought the time between cease fires was good, next time I will bring more targets. I also go to BA allot and shooting paper dose get old sometimes but I can check them whenever I want and the hours are better. I like both ranges and would probably like Central jersey too. I just can't afford to join there this year maybe next summer. I grew up in Jackson and never knew the place existed would love see what it's like

I just joined range 14 yesterday it was the first time I was ever there I got there about 2pm left at 4pm. It was nice to shoot outside and it was HOT. I thought the time between cease fires was good, next time I will bring more targets. I also go to BA allot and shooting paper dose get old sometimes but I can check them whenever I want and the hours are better. I like both ranges and would probably like Central jersey too. I just can't afford to join there this year maybe next summer. I grew up in Jackson and never knew the place existed would love see what it's like

Well your welcome to come as my guest. I shoot most Sundays. Just shot me a IM when your ready.

tinyboy took me out to CJRPC last Friday for some clays and I was thoroughly impressed with the range and the facilities - state of the art.

I am torn between OBRPC and this one since Old Bridge is 6 miles away but then again, no comparison and CJRPC wasn't that far with the back roads that tiny took me through.

Guys, I am surprised no one mentioned Old Bridge Rifle & Pistol Club. It has 24 hr indoor range and a nice outdoor one - with 25, 50 and 100 yard sections. They host a few events every weekend and overall seem to be a nice place. It is also about 7 min ride from my house, so I guess it adds some value for me too... :)

You may check out the outdoor facilities at OBPRC on any weekend morning when they usually run some activities like blackpowder or steel shooting. You don't need to be a member to participate or to check out the place. Since I drive 50 mi one way to work every day the proximity to my house is the key :)

I don't know about you guys, but $ 600.... :roll: Some people use ranges to sight in, or just plink around, or try out a new rifle. Some are serious shooters. But for that kind of money, you could shoot somewhere else and save enough to buy a new rifle every year. ;)

Adds up quick at $20/hour for a public range that has less facilities. If I did a rough comparison at that rate, it would cost me $1900/year for the minimum time i spend at the range. It's really nice not having to drive for hours and hours to go shoot outside, and the ability to go all 7 days a week for the outdoor range, and 24hours a day for the indoor range.. depends on how committed to the hobby you are.. just like anything else. I like not having to spend my time crammed inside a tiny indoor range like a criminal.

Yeah.. if your not going to shoot much, then it probably isn't worth it for you.

I found that as I purchased more and more guns, and started doing more "unique" stuff.. (IPSC/action, Muzzleloaders, shotguns, etc).. I wanted to try more and more things.

When I first started.. I was going to Ray's and the other indoor ranges too. but shooting paper in a straight line gets boring after a few thousand rounds.

It looks like it's easy, but even a very simple Action/USPSA set up can be challenging.. you got movement, angles, etc.. I've killed plenty of hostages :-P