nickd308

ACOG vs. EOTech w/ Magnifier

If you can afford an ACOG, might as well spend a bit extra and get the red dot that can be attached, or get the ACOG that has the red dot attached. Truth is though, if you're going to get an ACOG, there is no sense being a budget-savvy consumer. I like EOTechs myself, as they're just built like tanks, but I'd take tritium over batteries any day.

The ACOG with the attached red dot would be something like: http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/prod ... tegoryID=3

It is also possible to get the TA01 and add an RDS mount and micro-red dot. But if I had an ACOG, that is good enough as the 4x32 model still allows for relatively short range mobility (with practice), and the ability to reach out as well.

I went back and forth between both of these setups for a long time and ended up going with a Weaver Classic Extreme 1.5-4.5x24 scope with illuminated reticle. I have 1.5 magnification and 4.5 magnification as well as everything in between and red dot if I choose to switch it on. It's not the typical AR setup but, in my opinion, it's a lot more flexible. I highly recommend this route.

CIMG5092.jpg

For anyone considering the Acog with a RDS piggy back I say try it first if you can. Its pretty high up trying to use the RDS. So much so you might find yourself with a chin weld instead of a cheek weld. Another option if you have the rail space is a 45 degree offset mount. If you need to transition to your RDS, you just roll the rifle.

http://www.civiliancombatweapons.com/br ... Mount.html

Eotech :dance: I would go with the 552 so you have the buttons on the side. Great if you want to use a magnifier or have back up sights.

The buttons on the 552 are still on the rear. The 556 has them on the side. I have a 552 and love it.

556.jpg

552.jpg

Eotech :dance: I would go with the 552 so you have the buttons on the side. Great if you want to use a magnifier or have back up sights.

The buttons on the 552 are still on the rear. The 556 has them on the side. I have a 552 and love it.

556.jpg

552.jpg

That's what I meant. Too many different numbers :lol: