Melgamatic

Trap shooting lessons

Has anyone ever taken any trap shooting lessons? I can hit 19 or 20 out of 25 without too much trouble, but I can't get past that level. I think some pro lessons might be the trick.

I see that Griffin & Howe has lessons at their Farm off Route 206 in Sussex county, and I know Orvis has a shooting school in Westchester. Are there other trap shooting / sport shooting schools in NJ; does anyone have any experience?

I know they're expensive, but spending $200 (for an hour at G&H) or $400 (for a day at Orvis) seems like a relatively good investment if it improved my score a couple points.

-Melgamatic

I wonder if there's a group lesson arrangement available somewhere. Nothing too fancy, just hitting the basics. I'd be interested in that.

We are incorporating trap or skeet into next year's military charity match. In the past we used static clay birds on holders set anywhere from 7 yards to about 25 yards. Now we want to ratchet up the difficulty level. We really need something to humble the SIG Academy staff.....

Trap or skeet with short barreled tactical shotguns. I should be able to hit one bird with eight rounds it I shoot fast enough.

Trap or skeet with short barreled tactical shotguns. I should be able to hit one bird with eight rounds it I shoot fast enough.

I would hope. Dan, myself, ken, caine, etc have all shot tactical guns at clays and tend to get well over 70% with just one round.

Probably not the right place for this question ..but. I found some target loads on sale, which is better to use #8 or #7.5 ?

The smaller the number the larger the pellet. I favor 7.5 shot for clays because it'll throw further. Most ranges do not allow larger than 7.5 shot.