Mauser88

AR15.COM NJ Forum

There is a lot of bitterness and it can be very defeatist. It's also VERY sarcastic and fun. A lot of those guys (myself included) have known each other for years. So the pissing contests can be a little personal. But so also is the comradery. Let's see what this site looks like in five-ten years.

Right after Christmas I visited that sight and looked around to find out about building an AR. While there was a lot of good information available, I just felt, for me, the anti everything attitude was a turn off.

So this morning, I read this post, went back there to check it out and one of the very first posts I see is slamming this site and the regulars on here. But hey, everyone is entitled to express their opinions.

I have found many of forums I belong to have the exact same posts/information posted so I am not missing anything by not going to each and every one. I see it on the brand specific car forums I belong to all the time.

I did notice that a lot of our members and sponsors are over there and that is good. I am sure if something important gets posted there, it will find it's way over here.

Right after Christmas I visited that sight and looked around to find out about building an AR. While there was a lot of good information available, I just felt, for me, the anti everything attitude was a turn off. Gets old don't it? I have too take a break from time to time.[/color]So this morning, I read this post, went back there to check it out and one of the very first posts I see is slamming this site and the regulars on here. This is the part that I don't get. It's networking right? I don't understand why people would turn their backs on potential friends and information.

I have found many of forums I belong to have the exact same posts/information posted so I am not missing anything by not going to each and every one. I see it on the brand specific car forums I belong to all the time.

I did notice that a lot of our members and sponsors are over there and that is good. I am sure if something important gets posted there, it will find it's way over here.

I like the way it is setup and all the options for a member, i.e., Subscriptions, My Topics, My Board, etc.

I only frequent the following forums there:

FFL Discussions

NJ Hometown

Magazines

Team AR15.com

Glock

Lifetime Member

Legal Section

and of course, BOTD

I have had my share of posts edited there. =) god forbid another forum or a link to another forum on arfcom..... they will edit it.

;)

Good people there and it is a great refrence for ar stuff... but the hometown sections...... yeah. :o

I have only read a few posts over there through links. It really was nothing I was interested associating my name with. Some were of posts from members here slamming this forum, but yet as stated, still post here. I have read a post on here by a member stating they were not going to spend much time here because the site was full of noobs, and that member is still very active here. So go figure, that is the internet in action.

This sight does have a warm fuzzy feel, and I believe it is the fact that those of us here want to help other NJ shooters as well as meet like minded people.

Is it just me? That forum does not seem to have have the warm, fuzzy feeling that this forum has.

It's only because I don't post over there. If I did, it would definitely have that warm, fuzzy feeling like this place does with my personality hanging around

Like anything else, arfcom has it's pluses and it's minuses. Shortly before moving to Jersey I started spending a lot of time on there trying to figure out NJ laws regarding firearms and I got most of the info I was looking for. Some of the people can be quite helpful - Mauser88 in particular answered quite a few of my AR questions, and PK90 is also very helpful. But, they're also on here now, so, I find myself going there less and less often.

The biggest problem with arfcom is that it's so big you end up with way too many asshats and trolls. Things just have a tendency to quickly turn into a pissing match.

That said, I only venture into NY/NJ HTF (altho know it will just be NJ HTF), some of the Industry forums, the outdoors forum (specifically the fiction section) and the EE. I'm scared to go into the GD section for fear of losing valuable brain cells.

Oh - and my vote is for Luger and PK as mods :lol: