Ray Ray

Charter Arms anyone?

Okay, I sent it in on Thursday and they recieved it at 12:30 on Friday. If I go by their turn-around time, I should see her at the end of the week. Let's hope for everything to work out and she's a straight shooter!

Update for those who care. I picked up the firearm from the post office yesterday (Saturday) and here's what they said and did:

Readjusted the barrel

Test fired from a Ransom Rest at 2 1/2 feet using 158g LRN ammo.

The gun is shooting straight enough but 2 1/2 feet? They could've stretched that out a little, no?

Also, they sent the gun back extremely dirty. I really didn't clean it when I sent it out but I did run a bore snake down each cylinder and the barrel. Another test firing session will be forthcoming this week. I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes.

Ray no offense buddy but I know the intention you plan on using this gun for. Throw this thing up on GB and get yourself something more reliable. This thing just sounds like a headache my friend.

No sir I will not. I've come too far and done too much with this firearm that it's going to work. If she shoots straight, ejects properly, and functions correctly then I have exactly what I want.

Of course hind sight is 20/20 and I shouldv'e bought my first choice which was the LCR, but I can't go back. Besides, it's not like I bought a target gun or a safe queen. This piece was going to be strapped on my leg during the day (in Pennsylvania, of course) and siting on my nightstand while I sleep.

Finally, after all the fusing and crying this thing shoots staight and ejects properly. Went to the Bayonne range last night and fired about 125 rounds of different ammo and had no issues at all. I even got to decide on which defensive ammunition I was going to use. The Hornady Critical Defense is top-of-the-line stuff. No recoil, no flash, and accurate.

So after twice returning her to the manufacturer, she's ready for the stable! Thanks for all the input guys, and now it's time to save up for the LCR!

Update for those who care. I picked up the firearm from the post office yesterday (Saturday) and here's what they said and did:

Readjusted the barrel

Test fired from a Ransom Rest at 2 1/2 feet using 158g LRN ammo.

The gun is shooting straight enough but 2 1/2 feet? They could've stretched that out a little, no?

Also, they sent the gun back extremely dirty. I really didn't clean it when I sent it out but I did run a bore snake down each cylinder and the barrel. Another test firing session will be forthcoming this week. I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes.

I want to know what they did to it?!?!?

That's about it Dan. At 7 yards all the shots are going where there supposed to. Can't complain about that so she's now gonna be a nightstand/CCW piece.

Okay, here we go again. The problem now is, I think, called flame cutting. There is a bit of melting or burning on the frame where the round exits the cylinder. It's going back to Charter on Monday. I think her ship has sailed and they might have to replace her.

Yeah It's time to ditch this one when you get it back even if it's a full replacement and get something new.

I cannot for the life of me understand why they would produce a line that is completely substandard to everything

else. In the long run it would be cheaper then having to repair each one several times after it's purchased. Get a

Taurus or a Smith if you can pony up the cash and never look back.

Hindsight is 20/20

three points

1, This is a firearm made in the United States

2, Lifetime warrenty

3, It's intended use was to sit on my ankle while in "free states". It wasn't meant to lay in my safe and I'll pet it once in a while.

All I wanted was a reliable, accurate up to 25 feet, and comfortable to use. If I get that, Yay! If not, she's going bye bye.

Update

Okay, I called yesterday (second time calling) and they said that they were still working on it. They recieved it on the 14th and yesterday was the 28th. 2 weeks is a long time. Maybe i get a new revolver out of the deal! And then I'll have all the original problems again! ie rounds not ejecting, cylinder coming loose, shooting left at 5 yards

I am glad everything worked out. I like the older Charter Arms Bulldog. I hear they were very popular back in the day. Especially with psychos. LOL.

Watch it there Jeremy. If the 1987 in your screen name is your DOB, then my Bulldog Pug is older (and probably more troublefree) than you :lol:

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I am glad everything worked out. I like the older Charter Arms Bulldog. I hear they were very popular back in the day. Especially with psychos. LOL.

Watch it there Jeremy. If the 1987 in your screen name is your DOB, then my Bulldog Pug is older (and probably more troublefree) than you :lol:

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Older...yes. More trouble free?.............. I need to do some research. :think: