Ray Ray

Charter Arms anyone?

Update:

Well, it's officical, it was a lemon. I just got off the phone with the Charter Arms people and they told me they would be replacing my southpaw with a new one. They will ship it out when it is made. Now I have to wait till my permits get in since it's a brandy new gun. I'm gonna have to call on Monday to complain about shipping out a gun 3 times for 3 seperate issues. All that for a gun that was a lemon from the start!

Update:

Well, it's officical, it was a lemon. I just got off the phone with the Charter Arms people and they told me they would be replacing my southpaw with a new one. They will ship it out when it is made. Now I have to wait till my permits get in since it's a brandy new gun. I'm gonna have to call on Monday to complain about shipping out a gun 3 times for 3 seperate issues. All that for a gun that was a lemon from the start!

Ray- Sorry about this mess. Looks like you're going to need a FFL transfer and NICS again. And better get a letter from those Bozos and send it to the State Police that a revolver in your name was disposed of.

Just my thoughts!

Unless it's the same serial # which I doubt.

Update:

Do yourself a favor when you get it. Sell it, unshot and buy a Smith or a Ruger.

Fool me once....

Mark, your right on both counts. It will NOT have the same serial number and I'll have to use a new permit for the gun, and I should've bought a S&W like the one you got.

Man I would be pissed, Sorry that happened, Sucks that you have to get new permits to get it, Shame on you Charter Arms :snooty:

Update:

I was under the impression a manufacturer could scrap the old frame and use that serial # on a new frame and send it back to you. I know of 2 other people that had that happen. They did not need a new permit.

Update:

I was under the impression a manufacturer could scrap the old frame and use that serial # on a new frame and send it back to you. I know of 2 other people that had that happen. They did not need a new permit.

When Stag made me a new lower for my AR, it had the same serial number. Sent the rifle directly to me, no new transfer neccessary.

Oh man I'm gonna get a lotta crap for this! Okay, so I just got off the phone with Charter and I guess they were waiting for me to call. When I did and gave them my name, the lady asked me to hold on and I was connected to someone "higher up". He told me that they were building me a brandy new gun with the same serial number and that he was going to personnally check over the gun and make sure it is in excellent working condition. It will ship next week to my home. There goes a down payment for my Taurus Public Defender!

you are retarded its official. You were thinking of getting a Taurus after you had the Charter? We have much to teach you young one!

But thats cool that you don't need a pistol purchase permit. So now when this gun sucks you can go through it all over again hahahaha j/k lets hope this one is AOK!

you are retarded its official. You were thinking of getting a Taurus after you had the Charter? We have much to teach you young one!

But thats cool that you don't need a pistol purchase permit. So now when this gun sucks you can go through it all over again hahahaha j/k lets hope this one is AOK!

Much to learn? Mr. can't take apart my ruger! Mr. I need brass but never comes to the range! Mr. I'm too busy to shoot!

The dude assured me it would be "hand picked" and it won't have any issues.

LOL, On the plus side you don't need to get another permit. Are you gonna keep it when it comes in? Or are you gonna sell it?

I'm gonna keep it, unless a fellow lefty here makes me a decent offer. :pray:

Guess what just came in the mail? My new Charter Arms southpaw! I'm guessing since they threw in some charter arms stickers that it was gonna make me feel better? Well, it doesn't! The trigger is horrible, the gun is squeeky-sounding, and the grips are loose! At least it's tight when it locks up, I'll give another range report this weekend.

I wouldn't even shoot it, sell it on gun broker as new in box.

It's never going to be what you want it to, and that will always be in the back of your mind.

You will end up throwing it in a safe for the rest of it's life, Cut your losses and get a Taurus or a Ruger down the line.

Charter just=BAD All around.

Great thread! I was considering a Charter Undercover Lite as a carry piece for after I move, but this obviates that possibility. It seemed that Charter did their best to make good, but, in the end, their best just wasn't good enough. A 340PD doesn't seem as expensive as it did before I read this thread through.

I was going to keep this new one but I've had enough of Charter. Hodgie said it perfect, it will never be what I thought it was going to be. I love snubbies, they are my favorite guns to shoot, but I'll stick with Taurus, Smith&Wesson, Colt, and Ruger.

Well, I've decided to give this little blaster another chance. In reality, I'm giving a brand new gun a run threw this Tuesday. I'm giving Charter Arms another chance. I'll keep this thread updated after I shoot her.

Well, I've decided to give this little blaster another chance. In reality, I'm giving a brand new gun a run threw this Tuesday. I'm giving Charter Arms another chance. I'll keep this thread updated after I shoot her.

What happened, Ray?? Couldn't find anyone with a permit and fifty bucks? :D

If someone offered me what I asked then I might have sold it, but noone did. I had offers that where borderline disrespectful. I'll shoot her and see what she can do.

Can you believe it? This gun ran like a champ tonight! Shot about 50 rounds of regular ammo and then put some HD +P and standard pressure to see where she was shooting. She's shooting point of aim at 10 yards! Can't beat that with a bat, Jack! My only complaint is the trigger is gritty, heavy, and stacks in DA. Oh well, more rounds down range should break her in!

Can you believe it? This gun ran like a champ tonight! Shot about 50 rounds of regular ammo and then put some HD +P and standard pressure to see where she was shooting. She's shooting point of aim at 10 yards! Can't beat that with a bat, Jack! My only complaint is the trigger is gritty, heavy, and stacks in DA. Oh well, more rounds down range should break her in!

Is this the same gun that wouldn't draw back the hammer when I applied about 40 lbs of pressure? You can poop in one hand and wish for that thing to shoot properly in the other, but in the end all you're holding are two handfuls of crap. Sell it on GB if you can. Maybe part it out for all those other people who probably have issues with it and buy a Springfield XD 3" ... or a Glock 26.

Chris, you have to learn to shoot double action before you dis it homie! I can handle the trigger pull cause I'm used to shooting double action.

I don't know if you were but you have to use the first pivot on your trigger finger to fire the gun. Make a hook at the end of your finger in put the trigger in there.

What happened, Ray?? Couldn't find anyone with a permit and fifty bucks? :D

I am getting a permit..... but he would have to tape a $50 bill to the grip for me to do that deal...

Chris, you have to learn to shoot double action before you dis it homie! I can handle the trigger pull cause I'm used to shooting double action.

I don't know if you were but you have to use the first pivot on your trigger finger to fire the gun. Make a hook at the end of your finger in put the trigger in there.

I did that for the 3 shots that worked. I had no problem with the other revolver. The snubbie just locked up on me on 2 shots. I was putting a lot of pressure on the trigger and it wasn't budging at all. Maybe since I was shooting righty?