AtlanticCounty

Average Wait For FIC Card?

Yup.

Kickin myself in the a**.

Well, at least I got them today.

When I go for the address change in a couple of weeks, I will put in for 4 permits.

See, now you got the idea. Too bad you won't get them till the one gun per month crap goes into effect.... Perhaps you could ask about extensions while you are there so you know what the process is.

If it takes longer then 30 days to get my 4 new pistol permits and address change, I am calling my mayor and assemblyman who knocked on my door and begged for my vote yesterday.

I will see if they are willing to earn it.

1 phone call to each should have it taken care of.

If it takes longer then 30 days to get my 4 new pistol permits and address change, I am calling my mayor and assemblyman who knocked on my door and begged for my vote yesterday.

I will see if they are willing to earn it.

1 phone call to each should have it taken care of.

Are they pro-gun or anti-gun?

Whatever the case, I doubt they will do anything. Maybe you'll get the typical political response of , "I will have my office look into that for you" or "I will have to see whats gonig on with that issue"

OK I need to weigh in and vent. I applied for three handgun permits on August 25th. The 50th day is tomorrow. Sad thing is when I got my originall FID and two pistol permits it took eight weeks... So in Jackson it takes just as long to do subsequent handgun permits as it does for the original FID... I was told two weeks ago and today that it is on the lieutenants desk and is being reviewed. After that it still has to get signed by the Chief! Waiting for OGAM anyone? Ok venting over. I'll continue to wait.... Again.

CPR, I put in for a couple more PTP in Jackson just a week or so ago. Last time took about 8 weeks, I thought it was less, but was travelling a lot then, so didnt notice till some time later it wasn't a month. I did see the same guy there that procsses the things as I was dropping my stuff off, with the younger woman at the window. The older lady, I think is better at this, she will help out and track things down if you call her, the younger one forgot to give me my FPID back after making a copy.

OK Jermz.... You win that one. But it's frustrating as hell isn't it?

Yes its very frustrating. especially since I was working when my SBI came in through the Teletypes., I do know the smaller departments like mine take longer. We only have one detective and hes pretty busy, so I can understand it. It does suck when you ask about it and every person in a twenty mile radius gives you the stink eye and askes in a condescending tone. "Why do you want a gun anyway"?.

I just realized on November 7th, it will have been 93 days since I have submitted my application for a FID card and pistol permits. :( Tomorrow I am going to call them up and remind them about NJ Statute 2C:58-3 Paragraph F.

I just realized on November 7th, it will have been 93 days since I have submitted my application for a FID card and pistol permits. :( Tomorrow I am going to call them up and remind them about NJ Statute 2C:58-3 Paragraph F.

Get names and dates. Be polite, simply ask them what the hold up is. "Threatening them" with statues won't help. Being nice will.

Get names and dates. Be polite, simply ask them what the hold up is. "Threatening them" with statues won't help. Being nice will.

100% agreed. Be overly polite and friendly, and find out exactly what is causing the delay (Did they complete the background check? Did they receive the letters from your reference? Is everything complete but your application is sitting in the police chief's inbox waiting to be signed?). You'll most likely get a more honest answer and may even get your application bumped.

I was extremely polite and friendly when I applied for my FID and 3 pistol permits this summer, it took 28 days to get them. Sure, some of it was luck, but I know people that applied earlier than me in the same town did not get their permits until a couple of weeks after I got mine, so I am sure that my politeness played at least a part of it.

Maybe mention that you were planning on taking a safety class in a month but wanted to bring your own handgun to the class, so you made the reservations well in advance so that there would be plenty of time to obtain your permits and purchase your handgun.

NO NO NO go in their guns blazing, bring a copy on the constitution, Have a friend dress in a business suit, a SEARS sucker suite will do just fine. Tell them this is your lawyer and START DEMANDING NAMES!!!!!.

just kidding.actually do what everyone else said. Destroy them with kindness. You want them to have diabetes by time you leave.

:x Quick update on DAY 65... App still with Lt. getting reviewed prior to Chief's signature. For my last permits it took two weeks after "it was on the Chief's desk" So at least two more weeks at best I am imagining. I'll just take some patience pills I guess. anyone got any? UGH! The most aggravating part is I can do nothing but wait. Oh well...

100% agreed. Be overly polite and friendly, and find out exactly what is causing the delay (Did they complete the background check? Did they receive the letters from your reference? Is everything complete but your application is sitting in the police chief's inbox waiting to be signed?). You'll most likely get a more honest answer and may even get your application bumped.

I was extremely polite and friendly when I applied for my FID and 3 pistol permits this summer, it took 28 days to get them. Sure, some of it was luck, but I know people that applied earlier than me in the same town did not get their permits until a couple of weeks after I got mine, so I am sure that my politeness played at least a part of it.

Maybe mention that you were planning on taking a safety class in a month but wanted to bring your own handgun to the class, so you made the reservations well in advance so that there would be plenty of time to obtain your permits and purchase your handgun.

The problem is I have been extremely polite but I am starting to get tired of the way I am being treated in return. There have been a number of things that have made this process extremely frustrating. The department that handles this process is only open from 12-3 pm, Monday to Friday, so I have been calling one day bi-weekly instead of going up there as I will have to take an unpaid day off from work. I did not start calling to check up on it until after the 30 days had past. I have been hung up on three occasions and half the time no one picks up. Every time I call who ever answers the phone always tries to rush me off or just gives me generic responses such as: "It will be ready when you are contacted".

The problem is I have been extremely polite but I am starting to get tired of the way I am being treated in return. There have been a number of things that have made this process extremely frustrating. The department that handles this process is only open from 12-3 pm, Monday to Friday, so I have been calling one day bi-weekly instead of going up there as I will have to take an unpaid day off from work. I did not start calling to check up on it until after the 30 days had past. I have been hung up on three occasions and half the time no one picks up. Every time I call who ever answers the phone always tries to rush me off or just gives me generic responses such as: "It will be ready when you are contacted".

Politely remind them that it has been 3 months and that you think the waiting time is getting a little unreasonable. Be polite and just remind them of the facts.

2 months to the day for my wife's COA. Mine is still "in process". Some kind of paperwork from the county lost/missing? (Scotch Plains, Union Co.) The lady at the town sounded apologetic; and I was expecting some kind of problem since the original paperwork for both my wife and myself had the same SBI # on them! (This didn't stop either pistol permit from going through, oddly enough - didn't notice till we bought ammo back-to-back and the clerk mentioned it to us).

Original paperwork (same town) took 2-3 months (again, mine was delayed - state returned my fingerprints illegible on the first round).

I recently called for an update; asking if they needed anything more from me. Politeness apparently got me more info...

I applied in Woodbridge and took almost 7 months !!!! Don't know why It was all BS waiting for this, waiting for that ......

good Luck

7 months? that's really ridiculous. I would be so pissed if I had to wait that long.

I just got 2 pistol permits from Tinton Falls yesterday, it took under 3 weeks so I was impressed! They didn't bother asking me for references or release forms or any of that crap. I just filled out the one sheet'r for the actual permit, gave them $4, and got the licenses in record time.

The lady who works the desk at the Tinton Falls station is VERY nice and she seems to know everything involved. She didn't guess, she didn't have to ask someone, she knew exactly what needed to be done and took care of it. Also the cops there (most anyway, one was a grump) were nice. Asked what I was going to buy, gave some recommendations on their favorites etc.