Sign in to follow this  
NJ-Tom

Monthly Ammo Expense

wolf gold is brass case, regular boxer primed.... reloadeable.

As far as ammo... lets see. I shoot weekly....

probly around $250 a month on ammo.... for what I blow through, including what Anastasia, my dad, or any of my guests use up.

A typical day is about 300 rounds of 22lr, 100 to 150 rounds of 9mm, and some rifle.

Last night, I got to BA early... so I can put some trigger time in... I went through:

Apx 200 rounds of 22lr, 100 rounds of 9mm, 100 rounds of 40sw.

Plenty of 7.62x54R to go around!

+1

If you look at the cost of a Mosin and you realize that it's that price because of supply exceeding demand - then extrapolate that function and consider that the Soviet Bloc created enough military ammo to feed their excessive stockpile, keeping in mind the cold war and the arms race of the 80's, I would speculate that there are more spam cans of ammo than there are cans of Spam ;)

BTW - as I recall, Berdan priming was invented in the US but is used extensively overseas and Boxer priming was invented overseas/Europe/Russia but is used extensively in the US - just to throw another wrinkle into the reloading mix.