Sign in to follow this  
Maksim

who wants to go shoot tomorrow?

that is another sad story with this state, fishing. they have the fluke season messed up.

the fish have to be too big and they shut the season down too soon.

they are hurting alot of buisnesses, all the boat rental places by us are hurting with the season being cut short, along with tackle shops,marina's have also felt an impact from it.

Wish I could get out shooting tomorrow :cry:

You are right Tony, the other week we were out fishing and I caught a 17" Fluke and had to toss it back in. What a shame! Everytime we go out I notice how many fewer boats we see fishing. New Jersey's recreational fishing and boating industries are getting a double whammy between gas prices and fishing regulations.

You are right Tony, the other week we were out fishing and I caught a 17" Fluke and had to toss it back in. What a shame! Everytime we go out I notice how many fewer boats we see fishing. New Jersey's recreational fishing and boating industries are getting a double whammy between gas prices and fishing regulations.

You would have had to throw back that 17" for several years now ;(

Regs are terrible, gas is not great either.

I fish Raritan, Princess, Sandy hook bays and the ocean.

NY has a saltwater license starting Oct.1.

if i wanted to take people fishing and all they did was fish 1x per year, they would have to have an Out of state NY license if we fished in NY waters (which I seldom do since Staten Island is half of the inshore area where I fish.

Completely insane.

Still my main hobby tho and I fish for pure enjoyment, but they don't make it easy.

I am keeping the boat thru next season, then will have to make a decision on whether I am going to keep it after that.

You would have had to throw back that 17" for several years now ;(

Regs are terrible, gas is not great either.

I fish Raritan, Princess, Sandy hook bays and the ocean.

NY has a saltwater license starting Oct.1.

if i wanted to take people fishing and all they did was fish 1x per year, they would have to have an Out of state NY license if we fished in NY waters (which I seldom do since Staten Island is half of the inshore area where I fish.

Completely insane.

Still my main hobby tho and I fish for pure enjoyment, but they don't make it easy.

I am keeping the boat thru next season, then will have to make a decision on whether I am going to keep it after that.

Wait, did you say boat :) lol

I think we need a NJGF fishing trip. Everyone chips in for gas and bait, and throw some money to Mr. Captain over there, and we go out and have a good time.

I remember Gilligan's island were all in trouble.

My boat is only 21', so I could only take about 3 people.

This season is really almost over, but we could def get out some next season.

Agreed!

It's hunting season now, no time for silly little fish :)

But I would definitely be interested next season for sure, salt water fishing is the best.

I remember Gilligan's island were all in trouble.

My boat is only 21', so I could only take about 3 people.

This season is really almost over, but we could def get out some next season.

Agreed!

It's hunting season now, no time for silly little fish :)

But I would definitely be interested next season for sure, salt water fishing is the best.

You are certainly welcome to join me next season.

When I got back into boating in 1975, we boated the Raritan Bay/Sandy Hook/NY Harbor. In 1980 we moved up to a larger boat and moved down to the Barnegat Bay. Cruising, fishing, crabbing, skiing for the next 20 years through three boats. A very expensive hobby. Present family boat holds about 300 gallons of gas and the twin 330HP inboards can really go through a lot of fuel every time we go out.

Yeah, it is always a toss up on a nice day, do we go out on the boat or do we go shoot. Decisions-decisions. :lol:

Well, it was a pretty nice day and the boat will be out in a few weeks so you can guess what I did. ;) Of course, when we are at the dock, we have cable TV and high speed wireless internet so I can keep up with NJGF.

Yeah, it is always a toss up on a nice day, do we go out on the boat or do we go shoot. Decisions-decisions. :lol:

Put a clay thrower on the deck and do both. :)

lol. Went out to central jersey with 1911fan and njpilot. had a blast. =)

But yes...

on a realistic note... can you go in open waters, put a clay thrower on the back of the boat and start blasting clays?

May give me a reason to start looking at boats. lol..... or jetskis.