StriderTB

Annoyed with Dicks Sporting Goods. Am I being unreasonable?

Took my lunch hour today and went to Dicks to buy a few boxes of 223 Remington that were listed at $7.99 on sale. When I got to the counter, I asked the clerk about it and he told me that he had 5 cases yesterday, but they were all sold out. We chatted a bit and he gave me prices on some of the other .223 boxes. I thanked him for his time and continued to browse the gun counter.

Right after that, another customer walked up and said hi to the clerk. The clerk went in back and came up with three boxes of the .223 Remington that were on sale.

This annoys the hell out of me. I didn't think I'd need an in at Dicks Sporting Goods to get items that are listed on sale. How many boxes of this supposedly sold out ammo are sitting in back?

I totally understand the point of a store taking care of loyal customers, but at what point do I get in the club?

Meh.

Took my lunch hour today and went to Dicks to buy a few boxes of 223 Remington that were listed at $7.99 on sale. When I got to the counter, I asked the clerk about it and he told me that he had 5 cases yesterday, but they were all sold out. We chatted a bit and he gave me prices on some of the other .223 boxes. I thanked him for his time and continued to browse the gun counter.

Right after that, another customer walked up and said hi to the clerk. The clerk went in back and came up with three boxes of the .223 Remington that were on sale.

This annoys the hell out of me. I didn't think I'd need an in at Dicks Sporting Goods to get items that are listed on sale. How many boxes of this supposedly sold out ammo are sitting in back?

I totally understand the point of a store taking care of loyal customers, but at what point do I get in the club?

Meh.

Dude FARK THAT

I would write a letter to ther store manager as well as corporate

If they ever pulled that sheet with me, they would hear about it. I would demand to see the store manager immediately.

loyal customers? they are a NATIONAL chain not Joes guns, ammo and radioactive waste. the loyalty should go as far as the next person that walks in the place, period

Ill even write the letter for you if you want, man that got me pissed

Which store was this? I know some of the guys in the Freehold stores can be a-holes. I went in the evening 2 weeks ago to buy some of the UMC .223 that was on sale. Instead of the nice guy named Rich that I've dealt with at night before, the day guys were on. Was told they had a whole bunch in the back. When I asked if there was a limit, he said "5 boxes". I said that .223 wasn't on the list. Then he said, "that's right, no linit on the .223". I said I'll take 25 boxes, you should have seen the look on the guys face. He looked pissed off. I can't stand those guys.

This was the East Brunswick store.

I'd have brought it up, but I was running a few minutes late to get back from lunch, since Rt. 18 traffic was a mess at noon of all times. If this happened after work I'd have asked him to join the Dick's Super Friends Ammo Club.

I would have went right to the manager, this isn't the outback restaurant there is no call ahead ammo buying 1st come 1st serve, What he did was unethical as far as a chimerical chain is concerned. I try never to buy anything from Dicks but had no choice last week, they were okay but I have had to explain myself in other stores. Down in Barnegat store I asked for 7.62x39 the looked at me and said no such thing. I had to explain to him that it's been around since the later 40's and it's sitting right there on the last shelf, then he asked me what rifles are chambered in this strange new caliber. :roll:

I would have went right to the manager, this isn't the outback restaurant there is no call ahead ammo buying 1st come 1st serve, What he did was unethical as far as a chimerical chain is concerned. I try never to buy anything from Dicks but had no choice last week, they were okay but I have had to explain myself in other stores. Down in Barnegat store I asked for 7.62x39 the looked at me and said no such thing. I had to explain to him that it's been around since the later 40's and it's sitting right there on the last shelf, then he asked me what rifles are chambered in this strange new caliber. :roll:

Lol, I had a similar experience.. he's like "we don't have that".. and it was right on the shelf.

I always ask, straight up, for them to go in back and check. I haven't had a problem yet. I always deal with the skinny dude in glasses, and I've made sure to chat a few times so he vaguely remembers me for the next time I go back.

Skinny guy with glasses, and mustache (or gaotee) is cool.

Shorter kid with black hair is a douche!

I always ask, straight up, for them to go in back and check. I haven't had a problem yet. I always deal with the skinny dude in glasses, and I've made sure to chat a few times so he vaguely remembers me for the next time I go back.

I talked to that guy one time when I was there. Nice guy, think his name is Dave.

Having been in Retail Management, I would have gone right to the Manager. iIwould not have put up with that. I would call the store Manager and if he is no help ask for the District Managers name and number. If that does not work go right to Corporate.

My friend calls places all the time and asks them to hold things for him (DVD's on release days, video games, stuff like that).. but this seems much worse than that. Special club like you say. Could the other customer have been an off duty employee? Not that it makes any difference.. but might explain it.

I talked to that guy one time when I was there. Nice guy, think his name is Dave.

That is correct, Dave is the nice Skinny Guy with glasses.

Big fisherman as well as hunter/shooter.

OMG! :D The one on rt18 has this chick there that looks like Megan Fox with bigger boobs she is SMOKING!

Ya know...every time I hear a comparison to a celeb like that and I take an actual look at the person...it's more like Megan Fox if she were born retarded and had a glandular problem that makes her boobs very uneven.

Pics or she's not real :lol:

You really have to make them look, I go to the rockaway store, and never get any crap.

They even put stuff aside if you ask. Thats prob what that guy did, I always come back a few minutes later to buy another 3 boxes...I like shopping there, they usually are Dicks, but it is Dicks, so just be a Dick and tell the guy to get you the fucking ammo you want!

You really have to make them look, I go to the rockaway store, and never get any crap.

They even put stuff aside if you ask. Thats prob what that guy did, I always come back a few minutes later to buy another 3 boxes...I like shopping there, they usually are Dicks, but it is Dicks, so just be a Dick and tell the guy to get you the friggin ammo you want!

What he said, especially at the end!

OMG! :D The one on rt18 has this chick there that looks like Megan Fox with bigger boobs she is SMOKING!

A few months ago, there was a hot manager there.. didn't quite look like megan fox to me.. but I helped her show a shotgun to a customer (she had no idea how to release the bolt or anything about it) and mentioned that the "NIXX" sign was spelled wrong. She offered me a job, and I said "I'll drop off my resume, I don't know if you could compensate me fully for my skills" or some BS like that.. and then she realized she went to high school with my friend who happened to be with me at the time.. I inadvertently set him up for a good conversation starter.. and he totally blew it of course.

A few months ago, there was a hot manager there.. didn't quite look like megan fox to me.. but I helped her show a shotgun to a customer (she had no idea how to release the bolt or anything about it) and mentioned that the "NIXX" sign was spelled wrong. She offered me a job, and I said "I'll drop off my resume, I don't know if you could compensate me fully for my skills" or some BS like that.. and then she realized she went to high school with my friend who happened to be with me at the time.. I inadvertently set him up for a good conversation starter.. and he totally blew it of course.

did she know you had a desert camo JIC? She might have been very interested in you had she known that

did she know you had a desert camo JIC? She might have been very interested in you had she known that

Even if she did know, she couldn't have known, cuz i didn't have it then..

Does what I just typed make sense??