Sign in to follow this  
Malsua

Man fires shots at woman attempting to steal his truck-Texas

I see this as a perfectly reasonable use of force. The man was threatened by the truck attempting to run over him.

In NJ, they thieves would have laughed and driven off in the man's truck.

------------

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/Man_fi ... truck.html

A licensed concealed handgun carrier fired several shots in the parking lot of a downtown hotel Sunday morning, when he came outside as a woman was stealing his truck, authorities said.

The man, whose name was not immediately released, told police he heard the sound of his red Ford F350 pickup's ignition starting around 10:30 a.m. and walked outside his hotel room at the Motel 6 in the 200 block of North Pecos La Trinidad, said Sgt. Devon Lambert with the San Antonio Police Department.

A woman had broken the truck's steering column and was backing up when the man approached her, holding a small-caliber handgun, and told her to get out of the truck, authorities said. She got out of the truck and into the passenger seat of a white pickup, where police said at least two men were waiting.

The driver of the white truck then drove it toward the man, who fired several shots while in fear for his life, Lambert said.

NJ version

An actor whipped out an assualt handgun and fired several shots in the parking lot of a downtown hotel Sunday morning, when he came outside as a woman was attempting to borrow his truck, authorities said.

The man, who was immediately arrested and charged with attempted murder, told police he heard the sound of his red Ford F350 pickup's ignition starting around 10:30 a.m. and walked outside his hotel room at the Motel 6 in the 200 block of North Pecos La Trinidad, said Sgt. Devon Lambert with the San Antonio Police Department.

The man approached a defenseless woman who was merely examining the truck's broken steering column. While she was attempting to back up, the man approached her, holding an enormous illegal assault weapon, and told her to get the F*** out of the truck, authorities said. She got out of the truck and into the passenger seat of a white pickup, where police said at least two innocent men were waiting.

The driver of the white truck then attempted to drive away while the man fired several shots for no apparent reason.

The gunshots reportedly hit the innocent white truck's passenger window, but police weren't sure if any of the three people inside were injured. Police are confident that they have the perpetrator in custody.

The shooter is expected to face various charges for the rest of his existence

I see this as a perfectly reasonable use of force. The man was threatened by the truck attempting to run over him.

In NJ, they thieves would have laughed and driven off in the man's truck.

------------

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/Man_fi ... truck.html

A licensed concealed handgun carrier fired several shots in the parking lot of a downtown hotel Sunday morning, when he came outside as a woman was stealing his truck, authorities said.

The man, whose name was not immediately released, told police he heard the sound of his red Ford F350 pickup's ignition starting around 10:30 a.m. and walked outside his hotel room at the Motel 6 in the 200 block of North Pecos La Trinidad, said Sgt. Devon Lambert with the San Antonio Police Department.

A woman had broken the truck's steering column and was backing up when the man approached her, holding a small-caliber handgun, and told her to get out of the truck, authorities said. She got out of the truck and into the passenger seat of a white pickup, where police said at least two men were waiting.

The driver of the white truck then drove it toward the man, who fired several shots while in fear for his life, Lambert said.

NJ version

An actor whipped out an assualt handgun and fired several shots in the parking lot of a downtown hotel Sunday morning, when he came outside as a woman was attempting to borrow his truck, authorities said.

The man, who was immediately arrested and charged with attempted murder, told police he heard the sound of his red Ford F350 pickup's ignition starting around 10:30 a.m. and walked outside his hotel room at the Motel 6 in the 200 block of North Pecos La Trinidad, said Sgt. Devon Lambert with the San Antonio Police Department.

The man approached a defenseless woman who was merely examining the truck's broken steering column. While she was attempting to back up, the man approached her, holding an enormous illegal assault weapon, and told her to get the F*** out of the truck, authorities said. She got out of the truck and into the passenger seat of a white pickup, where police said at least two innocent men were waiting.

The driver of the white truck then attempted to drive away while the man fired several shots for no apparent reason.

The gunshots reportedly hit the innocent white truck's passenger window, but police weren't sure if any of the three people inside were injured. Police are confident that they have the perpetrator in custody.

The shooter is expected to face various charges for the rest of his existence

Its funny and sad because it true.

Shooting at a moving vehicle coming at your isn't going to stop the truck or car for that matter. What it will mean is that the car or truck that runs you over might have a few holes in it. Car coming your way. Get out of the way. In fact many handgun caliber bullets will not penetrate a car body. The 9mm 147 grain loads won't penetrate a windshield at an angle.

Unless it can be absolutely proven you could not get out of the way, you will be looking for a good defense lawyer. In a commercial parking area that is a difficult task. Hitting the operator of the stolen vehicle if it is shown you were not in danger or could have removed yourself from danger most likely will result in a civil implication.

Statements are fine. How many security cameras may have caught it incident and be available for use? A discrediting of the statements kills your credibility in court. Now you are on the hook for a high five figure defense but you have your vehicle. Bad trade off.

The only reason our shooting of the operator of a stolen vehicle was cleared was due to the statements made by the thief himself that he was trying to run over the officer. They usually aren't that stupid.

Agreed, most 9MM rounds won't penetrate the angled windshield... so, even if the person has justifiable reason, probably won't score a hit on the target. Better off avoiding, then trying to grab the fella through the driver's side window/door.

Even when manning checkpoints when ROE was in our favor, we were never told to fire at the driver (with rifle rounds), but the engine block as a primary and driver as secondary. Even if the driver is incapacitated, it doesn't mean the vehicle would be.

Agreed, most 9MM rounds won't penetrate the angled windshield... so, even if the person has justifiable reason, probably won't score a hit on the target. Better off avoiding, then trying to grab the fella through the driver's side window/door.

Even when manning checkpoints when ROE was in our favor, we were never told to fire at the driver (with rifle rounds), but the engine block as a primary and driver as secondary. Even if the driver is incapacitated, it doesn't mean the vehicle would be.

Just because it's being discussed. 9mm had no issue penetrating.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/thebuickotruth.htm

Just because it's being discussed. 9mm had no issue penetrating.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/thebuickotruth.htm

BAH - we have no need of facts or reality - we are the people of the internet, I read it somewhere, a friend of a friend told me, and theirfour its the Gawds honust truth. :lol:

I wax my camaro so much that when I go flying down the highway, it bounces radar off.

oh wait... wrong thread.

I put so much rain-x on my windshield that it bounces bullets right off of the steep angle. :lol:

I covered my license plate in aluminum foil to reflect radar waves. It works, I haven't got a ticket in the mail yet. :lol:

I covered my license plate in aluminum foil to reflect radar waves. It works, I haven't got a ticket in the mail yet. :lol:

Actually, that works.

My friends, mom's 4th grade teacher's illegitimate son's ex lover's dog walker told my brother in law (which I do not have) that this totally happened to his fiance's uncle's probation officers AAA sponser!

I wax my camaro so much that when I go flying down the highway, it bounces radar off.

oh wait... wrong thread.

I put so much rain-x on my windshield that it bounces bullets right off of the steep angle. :lol:

"wax my camaro" Is that slang for greasing weaser?