I just won a WASR 10 single stack off Gunbroker and now he doesn't want to sell it to me. He says he checked the Century Arms catalogue and it says it is illegal in NJ.

It has no bayonet lug, no flash supressor or threaded barrel, a fixed stock and 10 round mags...

I told him it is legal but I don't think he will budge. Who is right here?

Century Arms lists many NJ legal guns as not forsale to NJ in there book. The gun in question should be NJ legal. All of the Wasr come in the country from Century I believe.

That's what I figured. I believe he is doing his own research now and will get back to me.

-Thanks again.

Hope he finds out the truth. And hope your transfer dealer will do it for you. I've had problems trying to buy a pistol gripped pump shotgun on the internet and trying to get it transferred.

both are perfectly legal, but its up to the dealer if they don't wanna do it.

Hope he finds out the truth. And hope your transfer dealer will do it for you. I've had problems trying to buy a pistol gripped pump shotgun on the internet and trying to get it transferred.

Figured I would save some money and just go to him to pick it up. About an hour and a half away in CT.

Figured I would save some money and just go to him to pick it up. About an hour and a half away in CT.

I got you. Hope he finds out the real law and will do it.

I take it he is a dealer then if you were going to pick it up in person.

You only way for him to be safe is for it to be transferred to a NJ 01ffl the transfer will be on them.

Give him the number of the local shop you deal with and let them call and vfy that it's 100% legal.

It's a post ban model and NJ is a post ban state.

............. He says he checked the Century Arms catalogue and it says it is illegal in NJ.

There are a ton of thing Century wont sell to NJ......Some of it is 100% NJ legal, but their lawyers are over cautious about tis stuff....They also make Wise-Lite not sell many items to NJ.....a-holes..

Check out http://www.k-var.com/shop/ Give them a call. I'll bet that they will set you up (NJ legal) with one of those nice Arsenal converted Saigas. Then you can tell the CT guy to keep his wasr and you'll get your hands on a nice Russian gun at a way nice price. Just do it soon as the sale is almost over. I'd do it if I had the $$

Check out http://www.k-var.com/shop/ Give them a call. I'll bet that they will set you up (NJ legal) with one of those nice Arsenal converted Saigas. Then you can tell the CT guy to keep his wasr and you'll get your hands on a nice Russian gun at a way nice price. Just do it soon as the sale is almost over. I'd do it if I had the $$

saigas are great guns.. 8-)

Yes if you enjoy 3" groups at 100 yards. :lol:

Yes if you enjoy 3" groups at 100 yards. :lol:

the one you were shooting with must have been broken...

http://www.classicarms.us/ has a sale going on right now, $299 for a WASR-10:

GREAT SEMI AUTO AK RIFLE FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT CAPACITY CRAZY, OR FOR THOSE PLACES WHERE OVER 10 ROUND MAGS ARE PROHIBITED. SAME WASR-10 ROMANIAN AK AS OUR OTHER RIFLES BUT THIS ONE HAS A NARROW MAGAZINE WELL THAT WILL ONLY ACCEPT 5 AND 10 ROUND MAGS. COMES COMPLETE WITH 5 - 10 ROUND MAGS, SLING, CLEANING KIT , MANUAL AND OILER. 7.62X39 CAL.

TO MY KNOWLEDGE THESE ARE LEGAL EVERYWHERE EXCEPT CALIFORNIA.

Is that a good deal?

Yes it's a very good deal.

I saw 2 local shops last week and the very same rifles only with double stack mag well's were

over $500.00, they also came with polly pro mag's which suck. I bought 3 last time they were this

cheap 2 summers ago. Classic are good people to deal with very honest and fast to ship. With a little work

you can get them cleaned up and looking real nice.

Yes it's a very good deal.

I saw 2 local shops last week and the very same rifles only with double stack mag well's were

over $500.00, they also came with polly pro mag's which suck. I bought 3 last time they were this

cheap 2 summers ago. Classic are good people to deal with very honest and fast to ship. With a little work

you can get them cleaned up and looking real nice.

I ordered one.. they shipped fast. Hopefully will have it by the weekend. As long as I didn't get a century lemon, it should be good to go. (iirc, they don't do much to the rifle compared to the double stacks). I figgered the mags along were worth like $50-$75.

I figured my doublestack needed a little brother :-P.

And I got a K31 from J&G.. and a case of ammo.. Merry Christmas to me :-P

Do you know if you can do the "cut the follower trick" on the single stack mags to bring them up to 15 rounds?

Do you know if you can do the "cut the follower trick" on the single stack mags to bring them up to 15 rounds?

No they body will only take 10 rounds max from what I can tell, there is no way to alter it.

You can open up the mag well easily enough though if you want to double stack it.

No they body will only take 10 rounds max from what I can tell, there is no way to alter it.

You can open up the mag well easily enough though if you want to double stack it.

Just a Dremel basically right?

Anybody get one of the Classic Arms ones yet and do a range report? Are they good to go as received or do you have to have them worked on to be a shooter?

Mine's at my dealer's waiting to be picked up. But I've shot thousands of rounds through my doublestack. No problems. I think I cleaned it once or twice maybe?

+1 they are ready to use out of the box the finish will be Ruff all around most likely but they run good.

The old Century troubles are not to prevalent these day's, Canted sights are rare, trigger slap has been corrected with G2 triggers from them most of the time and if not these are easy fix's. For $299.00 its a great deal.

Mine's at my dealer's waiting to be picked up. But I've shot thousands of rounds through my doublestack. No problems. I think I cleaned it once or twice maybe?

I got a new present coming in next Tuesday to, It's a AK but not like one to many people have seen before.....

Oh Hodgie, you tease!

Thanks Guys, I sent the post to my son.

Most people wont like it, it's more of a collectors thing, could be worth some $$ down the line.

Well....

:banana-gotpics: :banana-gotpics: :banana-gotpics: :banana-gotpics: :banana-gotpics: