Sign in to follow this  
matt6669

%^&$%^#$#%#$ HATE THIS GUN!!!!

I am really starting to dislike this American made gun. Why the F is it so difficult to disassemble and reassemble.

I just broke down my Ruger Mark III 22/45 all went went. I reassebled it, I thought all went well. I racked the slide, pulled the trigger but nothing happens. Rack the slide again pull trigger still nothing. Take mag out slide back in rack slide pull trigger nothing. WTF.

Now I can't get the damn thing apart because apparently the trigger needs to be depressed in order to get that level mechanism out from the back and since its apparently not depressing I can't get it apart.

Any ideas!!!

I thought you were the MkIII Genius. :D

Sorry, I have no ideas without looking at it.

I have no idea either, b/c I didn't do anything differently this time than I did last or at least thats what I thought.

I can't figure out a possible way to dis assemble this thing now. I've ever tried to pry this lever thing out and break whatever it is holding it in, but I can't even do that.

nope it has to do something with the trigger. When I put it back together I must of skipped the step where you depress the trigger before sliding the bolt back in. But they only tell you to depress the trigger if the hammer isn't flat. It was flat so I just slide the bolt in. I think thats where my problem lies because when I pull the trigger the bolt doesn't come down. And the first step in taking apart the gun is making sure the bolt is down aka pulling the trigger.

Yeah I actually found your post with that video but thats the standard ruger video. Apparently my problem is with the sear and I need to find something that tells me how to take it apart b/c it was reassembled wrong. Sounds like im going to have to knock all the pins out, have the gun fall apart and then reassemble it, HA that should be fun to watch.

HOLY CRAP I GOT IT APART.

So apparently if you put the mag in, point the gun downards pull the trigger and pound the back of the bolt, it'll cause the sear and hammer to fall, which will allow you to get the main spring housing assembly out.

HOLY CRAP i dislike this gun. Time to put it back together.

ok f this, i just broke it apart, put it back together and same thing happened holy crap

That stinks Matt, I have never had that problem with my MK III but I know that sometimes they are a pain to take apart and put back together. Luckily, my MK III is stainless and I do not have to do a complete disassemble ever time I put a round through it.

Hey Tim, when I did my first trigger job on my son's XD, i had that sear problem and thought I was FUBARed. As I panicked in the garage, thinking I just locked up his brand new gun forever, he went online to find a cure. As he was coming back in with the answer, I was sliding a jewler's screwdriver in the back of the slide releasing the sear. I was much more careful with the next trigger job.

Matt, I am sure you will figure it out, if not I am sure Tim's offer stands :twisted:

Hey Tim, when I did my first trigger job on my son's XD, i had that sear problem and thought I was FUBARed. As I panicked in the garage, thinking I just locked up his brand new gun forever, he went online to find a cure. As he was coming back in with the answer, I was sliding a jewler's screwdriver in the back of the slide releasing the sear. I was much more careful with the next trigger job.

:twisted:

I had done a lot of reading on XD Talk before I settled on the Springer Precision kit. I was well aware of that issue and made sure I knew where it was before I started. Then it was still the Oh Shit, I hope this works after it happened.

I had done a lot of reading on XD Talk before I settled on the Springer Precision kit. I was well aware of that issue and made sure I knew where it was before I started. Then it was still the Oh ****, I hope this works after it happened.

I guess I will be making a trip to Howell when I finally break down and buy the Springer kit. :D

I had done a lot of reading on XD Talk before I settled on the Springer Precision kit. I was well aware of that issue and made sure I knew where it was before I started. Then it was still the Oh ****, I hope this works after it happened.

I guess I will be making a trip to Howell when I finally break down and buy the Springer kit. :D

Anytime, Just let me know. If you want to shoot mine first to see the difference you will buy one that day.