Sign in to follow this  
Col. Mortimer

USPSA Match at Shongum, Saturday, 12/5 Cancelled

The match starts around 10:30 AM but be there by 9:00AM if this is your first USPSA match. Here is the link: http://www.shongum.org/activities/ipsc.html

There will also be a rifle stage at the end of the match.

CANCELLED!!!!!!!!

Oh yaye!! A rifle side match!!! I will be there for sure!!

Last weekend I shot OB, what great course design!

How many stages total Col?

Oh yaye!! A rifle side match!!! I will be there for sure!!

Last weekend I shot OB, what great course design!

How many stages total Col?

There will be five stages. I do not know what they will be but I am hoping for a long stage with a lot of movement.

I never shot at Shongum, but I do have to say that if you dont come, you are missing out on a really fun sport...I am friggin hooked. This will be my 7th match...

So what's involved in the rifle side match ?

What type of rifles are used ?

Most are AR-15 clones but a couple of us shoot the Beretta CX4 Storm. My uses the same magazines as the 92FS. Typically, one of the pistol stages will be used with a few changes such as some long shots.

this will be my first competition. looks like fun im very excited!

-Roger

Roger:

I look forward to meeting you. Remember to get there BEFORE 9:00AM. Let Karen, who is in charge of signing up everyone, know you are a first time competitor. You have to go through the safety check which is: draw, fire two shots, reload, fire two shots, unload and show clear, hammer down and holster. Ask for me, I will give you some help and you can be on my squad.

Mike D.

Is there going to be a briefing with the incorporated rifle stage? Yes. Once the regular match is finished, we set up the rifle stage and have a walk through. The safety rules are the same as the regular match. Just watch the shooter ahead of you and ask questions.

Not sure what to do with the rifle when I get there. Once the rifle stage is set up, bring your CASED rifle to the safety table. Uncase the rifle and open the action. With muzzle up, carry it to the rack.

Col, I want to squad with Roger as well.

Roger and I go way back, and I made him buy a gun.

thanks

Col, I want to squad with Roger as well.

Roger and I go way back, and I made him buy a gun.

thanks

Tell Karen when you sign up. She will take care of it. See you Saturday and dress warm. It looks like it will be cold with a chance of snow showers.

Cancelled

Wow, you were fast with that post. The match has been cancelled due to the weather. Let's hope for a mild January 2nd.

Troy: Now you can shoot the January match. ;)

Can juniors shoot at this match?Do I need to be a member?

Can juniors shoot at this match?Do I need to be a member?

There is no minimum age. However, the shooter must be able to safety handle a firearm. The Range Officer will determine if the shooter is qualified.

Great, thanks. Will 4 magazines on the belt be sufficient and is "official match ammunition" going to be sold?

Will 4 magazines on the belt be sufficient and is "official match ammunition" going to be sold?

This is a Level I match so bring your own ammo. We do not sell ammo, match or otherwise.

Four is the minimum but five or six would be better. If you drop a mag due to a malfunction, it's nice to have a couple back-ups. You can get by with four mag pouches, just keep your first mag in your hand or pocket.