Celraysoda

Armscor / Rock Island??

This pertains to the 1911'only.

I have heard and read more good things about them than I have bad. There are a few people on this board that have had bad experiences so I am sure they will chime in with details.

I would own one without hesitation. It is a good base gun that can be tweaked if you enjoy doing that work. All Manufacturers make lemons now and then. Some make more than others. I have found that a lot of times when a gun does not work it is because the owner thought they could make it better.

The revolvers, no clue, but go to the forums at m1911.org, and noodle around, you will see the good & bad for a lot of 1911s. From what I have seen, hi end, low end, cheap or expensive, they all have their fans and people that had stuff break while new or bad accuracy, whatever. Much like anything else, YMMV.

I have never read a bad thing about them, tried to get one today but got baited and switched by Sarco and their

false advertising. Never the less if you have a lead on one for a decent price like in the mid to upper $300.00 then go for it

and let me in on the vendor because I still want one.

Ohh and I was speaking about the 1911's to, my intent was to buy one and then see how close to match grade I can

get it on my own, wanted to see if it would perform as well as my Kimbers. I would also be interested in the revolver

as well if the price is right, can never have to many cheap good guns.

I have an STI Spartan which has an Armscorp barrel, slide, and frame.

STI is a high end pistol but I bought this Spartan for $630 out the door.

It's an import but still covered by STI's lifetime Warrentee. BTW it has all forged STI parts inside.

I was thinking about a Rock Island not too long ago and I asked my buddies advice. He brought up a good point... get yourself a Springfield 1911-A1 for like $150 more http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=409969

Good point. Same with STI.

In todays competitive market, good cutomer service is a plus because you can only cut prices so much and customer service becomes the competitive edge.

Kind of thing I would stay away from...Norinco

I have read just as many complaint about Springfield then I have RIA or any other 1911.

Thy are very easy to break completely down and fix if there is any issue, 99% of all parts

between manufactures are interchangeable so I personally would rather save the $150.00 for mods.

By mods I mean actual upgrade, not junk to strap onto the gun like lights and taticool crap.

That being said I have 2 Kimbers already no need for anymore high end 1911's for me.

Just my .02

I was thinking about a Rock Island not too long ago and I asked my buddies advice. He brought up a good point... get yourself a Springfield 1911-A1 for like $150 more http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=409969

RIA has pretty good customer service for such a low priced gun. I had the front sight fall off of my GI Model (Somewhat common occurrence for any Pinned front sight of any manufacturer from what I hear). I had no problem sending in my slide, and Arnell the Gunsmith personally called me to ask if I wanted a free Fluff and buff after he put the front sight back in. Of course I said yes. Gun ran a bit smoother when i got it back. All in All, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another RIA if I wanted another 1911.

I actually did get it from Sarco. This was at least a year ago before I heard about the price and switch. I didn't even know about their shotgun news ad at the time. I just showed up and asked what the price was and went back when I had my permit. I don't remember exactly what it was without digging out the paperwork, but I'd put $5 on a bet that it was $379.

I actually did get it from Sarco. This was at least a year ago before I heard about the price and switch. I didn't even know about their shotgun news ad at the time. I just showed up and asked what the price was and went back when I had my permit. I don't remember exactly what it was without digging out the paperwork, but I'd put $5 on a bet that it was $379.

That's what they were, before the great gun run of 2009.

Buy one and have fun with it.

Just don't buy it at Sarco.

Ha! I am actually going to get them both off Center Fire. They have some good prices! Even have the decomissioned Spanish Bazookas with optics intact.

Did someone mention spud gun? :clap: *nope.. not me* ;)

Bumping this thread.....

Got 2 permits coming.....

Still have the 1911 itch, but on a budget.

Bud's have RIA's in stock.....

This one be a pure builder for me..... $399, but I would take it apart and make it my own....

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... /411539079

This one is pretty close to the look I want out of a 1911...$489, still would like to learn the inside of a 1911, so I would learn to fluff and buff the insides...

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... /411538986

I would assume the extra $90 is worth it...... agree?

Or am I better off with the cheaper of the 2 , and do my own modding ie: trigger, hammer, refinishing, sights, etc.....

I have the 1911 tactical and love it. Shoots better than I can. Paid $379.00 for it at Sarco's a few years ago. I'm sure they cost more now.

P.S. Your brass has been shipped. I'll drop you a pm.

I have the 1911 tactical and love it. Shoots better than I can. Paid $379.00 for it at Sarco's a few years ago. I'm sure they cost more now.

P.S. Your brass has been shipped. I'll drop you a pm.

I keep on missing the UPS guy!! :x :x

Sarco sells the regular 1911s now for $500+ while GB sells them for $360. Save yourself $100 after nics and shipping with GB but some are impatient. ;)

Sarco has reduced their prices. A std RIA 1911 GI model is back to $349. Do NOT assume that you can go to their store and get it for that money. Just call up and have it shipped for $15 and transferred to your local guy if you want it for close to that money. They have the tactical for $405. They also have the RIA 1911 available in 38 Super for $369 or a compact 45 for that same amount.

http://www.sarcoinc.com/3-10-10_P%20page.pdf