Celraysoda

Ugly Guns

It is ugly but there are some stock options for it, check out the ATI stock they are much nicer.

You can also get in the more updated version 995TS with the BHO and the new stock from highpoint.

They are excellent carbines for a fraction of the price compared to the others in in it's class.

Here are some things guy's do with the 995's none of these are mine just pictures that

were put up on another forum I frequent.

The 1st is the ATI stock but with paint and extras.

The 2nd is the 995TS updated model from HI-Point

the last 3 are just really really cool, some people have talent.

Hey, I don't know anything about the Hi-Point but my CX-4 .40 is a real tack driver and I think I paid about $450.00 or $460.00 on sale at Shore Shot a couple of years ago. My son can shoot 1 inch or less holes in paper all day long with it! It is now my only .40 gun and I don't shoot it much.

I am just busing nuggets hi-points are on the cheap en, their pistols run good but are heavy, ugly and well ugly.

They did do something right when they made the carbine as far as quality they perform really well, the new 995TS

is much nicer looking and has a few more small features. From what I here they are accurate and will last forever.

By the way, that's a good price for the storm they are in the $700's now.

And please stop comparing a Hi-Point to the CX4, there really is no comparison.

That's what dudes who spent to much money on the CX4 say.... :lol:

My original choice was either a Hi-Point or Kel-Tec Sub2000, but I wanted something that was reliable, comfortable, reversable for a lefty, and made by a reputable manufacturer. Enter Beretta CX4! I have the PX4 with matching mags and both are top notch quality firearms.

My original choice was either a Hi-Point or Kel-Tec Sub2000, but I wanted something that was reliable,

I am actually going to do a hi point challenge, I was talking about it with Tony from TJ's last week.

In the new year I will be getting a 995TS and a C-9 pistol. Every time i hit the range which is at least 3 times per

month if not more I will bring one of them, and put at least 100 rounds though it and then never clean it. I am going

to log every failure I have and what's it's due to along with the total amount of rounds until failure. Other then them being

ugly as sin and heavy(pistols) I have not read any real 1st had user bad information, most say they are accurate and reliable so I want to see for myself.

Cool Hoodgie, you gotta keep us updated on that chart. Now, here is my question for you. Do you (or would you) use a Hi-Point for home defense? The cheapest gun I own is a Charter Arms revolver and that had to go back twice to the manufacturer for repairs but she runs like a champ now.

Cool Hoodgie, you gotta keep us updated on that chart. Now, here is my question for you. Do you (or would you) use a Hi-Point for home defense? The cheapest gun I own is a Charter Arms revolver and that had to go back twice to the manufacturer for repairs but she runs like a champ now.

Hmm that's a hard one.

Right now I have so many pistols some high end some mid level, so I would not choose a high point over

them for home defense. If I were going to by my 1st pistol and it was primarily for home defense it would not

be any cheap pistol, if all I had was $150.00 to spend then I would wait until I had at least $400.00 for a good

used revolver.

Any pistol can fail at any time, I have seen guy's with $1500.00 pistols shipping it back time and time again because

of chronic issues and I have seen people with hi points say they trust their lives on it, so I guess it's just luck of the draw sometimes.