Sign in to follow this  
nitrospaz9

Ruger p85

I felt like stopping at my local gunshop to Sh!ts and giggles. Walk in and find a S&W 1911 with a weird scope on it for 450 used. Then I see this Ruger p85 for $175. I wanted a p90 as my first gun years ago. So after looking at it and questions the price I found out why so cheap. It shows considerable wear on the slide and only 1 mag. Not even sure if it comes with the box. I left $75 down on it to hold. I gotta get new permits which my town assures me will take less then a month. What do you guys think about it?

haha didn't know it was a need to know topic. Meltzers in Garfield. Good place a bit on the expensive side. But not much else around here besides the Bullet Hole

Meltzers for the win! Heh. I like those guys. I've bought 2 guns from them this year. Yes, they are a little high on prices but not outrageous and they're good guys who work with you.

Good luck with that pistol.

Wow Jermz that is a lot of money lol. I could see doing that if I owned a really expensive gun but im just gonna beat the hell out of it at the range. None of my guns are for show.

Malusa,

There nice enough guys to deal with but dont really budge on prices for me and this is the third handgun im buying from them and have actually brung in friends who bought from them. If I can find another place im going there. I was told about two other places around me so im gonna check them out

Anyone know what ruger would charge for a rebuild?

Thanks a lot djg0770 now I finally got other places to check out. Now if only the holidays were over so I can seriously look lol

Check their website, or just call them.

funny, i also bought a used P85 from meltzers about 2yrs ago. $300, got it for $250. nearly new condition, with 3 mags, case, manual, even the engraved ruger padlock. 175 is a steal for any gun, as long as it works properly. nearly every quality 'combat type' pistol is, but yes, rugers are bricks. they also had a stainless P90 (i think thats the number), asking 350. could have gotten that for 300 or less im sure, but this was good enough.

meltzers has always been my store of choice. even when i bought my AR over 10 yrs ago, they cut me a little break on the price. its not a cramped closet like bullethole is. the people are friendly, very knowledgeable, and will shoot the shit with you even if you dont buy anything. i think i and my family have probably spent $6K+ at that store over the years.