Sign in to follow this  
nonova0074

F&S Top 50 Guns

Just for S**ts & Giggles, I went through the list. I currently have, or have had, 14 of the 50 guns named. 15 if you let me slide and count the Super Blackhawk, as they name the plain vanilla Blackhawk on the list. Some of those on the list were pretty esoteric. I fully agree that the 1911 should have been included, but these pretty much seemed to be hunting guns and it might be a stretch to include the 1911 in that category. Interesting list - always nice to see something that validates your taste in weaponry.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

yeah, I am wondering about that too. top 50 guns and the only handguns are all smiths, and revolvers.

I would venture to guess a 1911, a browning hi power, beretta 92fs would all deserve to be up there.... over a smith wesson 500.

wait... the was a ruger mark 1. =)

for me, whats missing is a Kalashnikov and an AR. =)

yeah, I am wondering about that too. top 50 guns and the only handguns are all smiths, and revolvers.

I would venture to guess a 1911, a browning hi power, beretta 92fs would all deserve to be up there.... over a smith wesson 500.

wait... the was a ruger mark 1. =)

for me, whats missing is a Kalashnikov and an AR. =)

NO AK????? How could that not make the top 50? It should be in the top 5. wow...who put this list together?

The AR is questionable for me but still should be in the top 50.

thats pretty neat. esp seeing my little 10/22 as number 12 on the list. and between my grandfathers collection and mine, only three of ours are on the list. :lol:

but im curious... how come the photos of the Mauser and the 1903 have black synthetic stocks? why didnt they just use an pic of them with the original wood or something?

thats pretty neat. esp seeing my little 10/22 as number 12 on the list. and between my grandfathers collection and mine, only three of ours are on the list. :lol:

but im curious... how come the photos of the Mauser and the 1903 have black synthetic stocks? why didnt they just use an pic of them with the original wood or something?

They were going for the sporterized look which I understand is more common in hunting circles. Their selection of the top 50 is clearly geared to hunting - after all the selection is by Field and Stream, not Guns and Ammo for instance.