djg0770

revolvers

Which models are you looking at, that could make a difference. What are you looking for? Between Colt and Smith my experiences have been the Smith will have a better factory trigger and under heavy use the Colts can loose time easier.

My buddy has a Trooper that shoots just as well as my Smith. :o

I know where he is.

The reserve is not met so I am guessing it will be $350 before it is . He does have a S&W 586 for around $400 I think. Road trip?

Ok - you know where he is, my question is this: Is he any good? If he's good - why is he not on here?

Ok - you know where he is, my question is this: Is he any good? If he's good - why is he not on here?

His name is Doc. He is the Membership Comittee Chairman of the Monmouth County Rifle and Pistol Club. Small shop in Lakewood and sells guns by appointment only. Very trustworthy guy. If you send him a message on Gunbroker he will set up an appointment to go see it.

I collect Colts just like that one. Typically the unshrouded ejector rod models are less desireable unless you are talking about the older models. I was told that one looks only factory test fired. I would expect it to go for around 400 - 450 dollars, maybe even more if a few bidders get involved. Colt does not make them anymore so the values are going nowhere but up. You wont find a better action or lockup as you will on a Colt D-frame. If you can get the serial #, I can give you the manufacture date. I have the Colt book. Unshrouded ejector rod d-frames were made prior to 1972. The grips on it look newer but Colt may have produced a few in the 70's with those larger grips.

American Antiques and Sporting Arms

31 Chambersbridge Rd

Lakewood, NJ 08701-4508

(732) 364-5959

Never been there, I just googled it. Damn, I pass by his place all the time and never saw it there. Looks to be right up the road from the old Brick Armory, just off GSP northbound Exit 90.

Looking at this:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =151424516

Anybody know where/who this seller is (other than the obvious of Lakewood)

This one isn't worth 360 bucks. 325 would be fair market value. Some of the Agent's and similar models used wood to fill in the gap between the top of the grip and the steel frame. So quality isn't as good, you'd have to take the grips off to find out.

This one isn't worth 360 bucks. 325 would be fair market value. Some of the Agent's and similar models used wood to fill in the gap between the top of the grip and the steel frame. So quality isn't as good, you'd have to take the grips off to find out.