Sign in to follow this  
Guest *_*

Comments On S3104/A4361, the NJ "Gun Beggars Bill"

Here is a copy of a letter I wrote to the ASSembly people in regards to S3104/A4361, what I will refer to as the 'Gun Beggers Bill' I encourage all of you to write them a letter, an email and tell them whats up!

This was sent to:

Assemblywoman Linda Greenstein (D-14), Chair

[email protected]

Phone: 609-395-9911

Fax: 609-395-9032

Assemblyman Peter Barnes, III (D-18), Vice Chair

[email protected]

Phone: 732-548-1406

Fax: 732-548-1623

Assemblywoman Caroline Casagrande (R-12)

[email protected]

Phone: 732-866-1695

Fax: 732-866-4262

Assemblyman Reed Gusciora (D-15)

[email protected]

Phone: 609-292-0500

Fax: 609-633-2179

Assemblywoman Amy Handlin (R-13)

[email protected]

Phone: 732-787-1170

Fax: 732-787-0356

Assemblywoman Grace Spencer (D-29)

[email protected]

Phone: 973-624-1730

Fax: 973-589-0716

here it is.

Dear Honorable Assemblymen and Women,

Greetings, and Happy New Year!

My email is in regard to S3104/A4361. We all agree that NOBODY wants criminals, terrorists or people with mental histories, etc, to be in possession of arms.

We all do understand that this one gun a month bill, the language issue it presents, the extra, arbitrary process that is created by this legislation, clearly, further infringes on my rights that you, as my elected officials, are sworn to uphold and protect in this state.

As an American I have the right to liberty. Liberty is my ability to do things that make me happy. I compete in competitive shooting sports, and am a hunter here in NJ. These things are my sports, my hobbies if you will. As a competitive shooter, you can imagine that one gun is like a golfer with one club. Not going to be pracitcal.

There are thousands of people all over NJ who participate in our sport. There are about 1m registered gun owners in NJ. It is not uncommon to order custom guns from out of state. Most of these gunsmiths are located in the south, and the gun has to be shipped to a FFL dealer in NJ for transfer to a law abiding citizen. Many times people will order 2 guns for the fact that one is a back up incase one breaks in competition. In all sports, this is a very common thing. I can name, as I am sure of you can think of, many sports where more than 1 ball is kept, more than 1 tire is kept, etc.

For example, lets say I have a gun maker in Arkansas make me 2 custom 1911 pistols for competition. Are you really telling me a law abiding citizen, who has been through a state SBI background, local mental health, county mental health, FBI, and local PD database search, to make sure I am a law abiding citizen, that I have to tell the state police and ask them to grant me permission to partake of interstate commerce? Do I really have to ask permission to take posession of both guns at once? With this legislation, I have to appeal to a murky process with no set parameters to ask to take both guns. This is completely NOT what this law intended.

You have to take into account how throughly vetted and inspected gun owners are n NJ. You need to make it so that if I am in possession of a FID card, then I have my full rights and dont have to appeal on a form excersize my rights.

I am sure you see the issue here as the sheer conecpt of this is very un-American.

While my expmple may be an odd circumstance to a non gun owner, or someone who does not compete in competitive shooting sports, this is a very real situation to me.

As a law abiding, tax paying, natural born citizen of this country, I find that this law in general creates so many issues and solves none.

Straw purchases are not real in NJ. There is no way you can go tell your local PD that your guns are gone, and you need 12 more permits. No criminal gang is going to wait 3 months to get pistol permits approved, go to the store buy a bunch of pistols and come home to distribute them to the 'gang'. This is fantasy. You all know it.

The law abiding citizen now has to be further infringed upon by the state to legally recieve what is a natural born right, becasue our court system in NJ chooses not to prosecute illegal gun crimes in a serious manner.

This legislation that is supposed to clear up issues with legislation that has issues to begin with is not a way to 'fight crime'. Passing a bill like A1282 which would make people think twice before they take advantage of an 'easy victim' is a way to fight crime. The gun problem on our streets is not created by law abiding people going into local mom & pop gun dealers in NJ to buy 2 or 3 or 4 pistols to use for home or sport, collecting, estate purchases of rare arms, etc. No law abiding citizen who has been throughly vetted by NJ, county mental health, FBI, and local PD is going to buy 12 pistols and 'lose' them so they can come in to that mom & pop gun store and buy more, while explaining to the local police that they 'lost' the guns and they need to buy more. Furthermore, no prudent police chief is going to be 'OK' that. Big box stores know better than to sell guns in NJ.

So in sum, this law and the language contained in it may interfere with interstate commerce. Nationally gun rights and laws are being affirmed, NJ continues to be 'pro-criminal' by villifying those who would make a personal decision to own a firearm and have them basically 'ask' the state police if they can get another gun, while not taking seriously the prosecution of illegal guns and their sale and distribution in NJ.

True, the above described is a rare situation, but it is an artificial situation that could be created by this legislation. Next year, we have from the Supreme Court of the USA a chance to further confirm our unique rights as Americans. Once this happens from the Supreme Court level, it would only be a matter of months before the one gun a month law would need to be legally and completely removed from NJ Statues as it would be a violation of the law and rights of the citizens.

I respectfully thank you for allowing me to express a different viewpoint than what I am sure you get. I wanted to voice my opposition to this and hopefully create a spark of critical thinking around this shabby piece of legislation. The net effect of one gun a month on crime will be '0'. Law abiding citizens with expensive handguns they had to wait months to get permits to purchase are not selling their guns to guys on the streets of Paterson, Newark, etc...If you look at what is coming in on gun buybacks, you will see that 99% of the guns that come in are not even close to being worth the $200 per pistol Essex county was giving out. How does giving money to people with illegal guns to begin with even help crime in the first place, I still dont know.

I think of a funny cartoon, 2 criminals armed to the teeth see a sign on a door that states "Gun Free Zone", and in the caption one criminal says urgently to the other "Dang!!! NOW WHAT DO WE DO!!!??!!!"

Best Regards,

We have to blast them and get louder in this state.

They dont like us. We need to let them know they cant screw with our rights, and if they do, it wont be long before this scheme is undone.

Good intentions. Alas, rambling and in-coherent (at times). I had my ears ringing ...

Badly formed sentences and terrible spelling. Not for prime time. Doh.

This forum deserves better.

Lighten up! It rambled but I thought it was pasionate.

Give me a call. How are you making out with your reloading?

Frank

Thank you Megaman, for taking the time and thought to write this. I took it and made some minor changes to suit me and sent it to all on the list.

I think a little less criticism on the guys "sentence structuring and spelling mistakes" and a little appreciation for someone taking an initiative to write a letter is called for. As has been said before, we are our own worst enemy.

Will this letter make a difference in the minds of the mindless and corrupt? Very doubtful. But to sit back, do nothing and criticize others isn't the answer, nor is it productive!

I dont mind the critics, they are not doing anything anyway but complaining. (Radek where is your letter? Are you not outraged? Are you an english teacher? A professor of Grammar? If your ears were ringing, they should be as you should get involved and not be so complacent to criticize my 'sentance structure' and 'the forum deserves better'. Here is your shot big guy! Lets see your letter! Did you call and rattle the person who answers the phone for the representive? Did you ask for the aide so you can get the message distributed as close as you can? NO, YOU DID NONE OF THAT. You do own guns right? Help the cause, not my grammar. Maybe you work for the state senate?)

Whether it was considered rambling at times or not, I am glad you read it, and I hope it will piss you off and maybe you will get up and call somebody and flip out on them about the BS they hand us in this state. My point here is people love to critisize, thats cool. You can critisize me and my spelling, and I will be critisizing the state and the elected officials.

PS, Radek incoherent is one word snapper head. There is no hyphen needed, but again you knew that...:evil:

OK Girls Play Nice!

Good job Megaman. BTW Notice I didn't BYBs and I do have a Graduate Degree in English. Your passion and willingness to take the time to contact your legislators is to be applauded.

Didn't your mothers teach you to be polite to people with guns :deadhorse:

I don't mind the critics, they are not doing anything anyway but complaining. (Radek where is your letter? Are you not outraged? Are you an English teacher? A professor of Grammar? If your ears were ringing, they should be as you should get involved and not be so complacent to criticize my 'sentence structure' and 'the forum deserves better'. Here is your shot big guy! Lets see your letter! Did you call and rattle the person who answers the phone for the representative? Did you ask for the aide so you can get the message distributed as close as you can? NO, YOU DID NONE OF THAT. You do own guns right? Help the cause, not my grammar. Maybe you work for the state senate?)

Whether it was considered rambling at times or not, I am glad you read it, and I hope it will piss you off and maybe you will get up and call somebody and flip out on them about the BS they hand us in this state. My point here is people love to criticize, that's cool. You can criticize me and my spelling, and I will be criticizing the state and the elected officials.

There - fixed it for you Mega. :deadhorse:

You guys are funny. My spelling sucks, but my humor is healthy.

:D