ChrisJM981

22LR Bulk Ordering

Does anyone know where I can bulk order .22lr? My usual spots don't seem to carry my S&W's favorite snack (CCI Standard Velocity 40 gr round nose bulk pack)

I can find the 100 packs but not the 500 bulk pack. I checked Natchez SS, Cabela's, and Cheaper than Dirt. Any other suggestions?

I am going to order that 2100 round bulk pack as I am pretty set on the S&W 15-22 for my next gun.

Altho I have never shot it, experienced shooters telling me it is the most fun gun they have is enough for me ;)

Of course I will be going thru our link to order the ammo ;)

This seller on Auction Arms is auctioning 5,000 rds. of Federal with free shipping. The last 2 auctions went for about $182.00. I have purchased from them and they are great people.

Federal 510 Lightning 22LR 5000 Rnds Free Ship

Federal 5,250 rds .22LR 36 Grain CPHP Free Ship

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/aucti ... MANSSUPPLY

I can attest that the 15-22 loves the federal stuff. =)

on wed I shot both the 36gr and 40 gr federal stuff, along with CCI mini mags and all shot very well.

What are you feeding the 22A? I have not had a single round fail to fire or eject out of that whole brick of CCI standard that I had. Mini Mag$ I think I had 1 fail to load and another take 2 strikes of the firing pin to go. I'm curious what's working for you.

everything I feed now works well... except the remington golden bullets.

That's strange I can feed it Remington Goldens, but not Winchester Wildcats. I'll have to try the Federal plated Wed. when I go. Amer. Eagle plated HPs shoot well except one won't load every 15 rounds or so. At least they're not all duds like Remington Thunderbolts. :roll:

everything I feed now works well... except the remington golden bullets.

That's strange I can feed it Remington Goldens, but not Winchester Wildcats. I'll have to try the Federal plated Wed. when I go. Amer. Eagle plated HPs shoot well except one won't load every 15 rounds or so. At least they're not all duds like Remington Thunderbolts. :roll:

remington goldens work, dont take it the wrong way.... except they suck.... and dirty the gun up. =)

I also had issues with winchester wildcats.

After about 2k rounds, it fed reliably. The first 2k rounds, I would have an issue where it wouldnt feed the third round (notch in the mag).

It also had more issues with hollow points over solid nose.

Wideners has a selection of various .22lr for well under $20 per 500rd brick. If you order a case of 5000 it gets slightly cheaper.

http://wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=18|831

Nice catch.... after shipping it is a bit higher vs the cabelas deal, but hey, it is in STOCK! =)

remington goldens work, dont take it the wrong way.... except they suck.... and dirty the gun up. =)

I also had issues with winchester wildcats.

After about 2k rounds, it fed reliably. The first 2k rounds, I would have an issue where it wouldnt feed the third round (notch in the mag).

It also had more issues with hollow points over solid nose.

Have you tried Blazer at all? I know CCI makes them. I contacted customer service and it seems they are no longer manufacturing CCI Standard bulk packs. Why sell 500 rounds for $20 when you can break it up into 100 packs and charge twice as much because it comes in a "reusable plastic container". :roll:

Round rose feed better in mine. Even the federal 40 gr round nose solids aren't that bad. I haven't cleaned it yet so I don't know how dirty it's going to be. Toothpicks and Q-Tips are cheaper than Mini-Mags so I don't mind cleaning a little extra gunk out. :lol:

I have the Federal 525 round 36 gr HP plated pack. Some of the rounds have turned black. Is that normal?