NJJim

Broadband speeds today. 02/21/2010

spec...

cable uncapped can be that high. we were all fed the fios bs. =)

I have fios at home, optimum in the office.... at times... optimum alot better.

yeah I edited my post...We lived with comcrap for years so excuse my bias towards cable.

As I said in my edited post, fios allows much higher upload speeds then cable does. As far as download (comcrap aside) opt sure gives you a lot of headroom.

want to hear the real shitty party of optimum?

unless you are a business customer... you cannot receive pop 3 email on outlook, they block that port.

They started this not tooo long ago.

Fios Does not block it yet... luckily.

And business customers are not offered the triple play. They call it double play, TV is not included. I have to pay TV separately but get a package deal on phone and internet. Why can't triple play be offered at businesses just like it is at my home? I don't see the difference.

And business customers are not offered the triple play. They call it double play, TV is not included. I have to pay TV separately but get a package deal on phone and internet. Why can't triple play be offered at businesses just like it is at my home? I don't see the difference.

they offered me a pretty good package Chad. =) But no tv in the office.

I heard the cable company can actually increase speeds if you call them.. I think they spread the speed over to all there customers... but I heard they can actually increase the speed to your house, but it may cost some more money.

Probably the reasoning for no TV in commercial Establishments is due to licensing fees for some sports. Direct TV will not install in a commercial location. The owner must go through the licensing based on occupancy. The NFL always took a hard stance toward anyone showing the games in a bar not properly licensed. Now with direct ticket they are even more active.

years back before the NFL did this much marketing, they would make sure anything sold was a licensed product. today with their marketing efforts increased a hundredfold they are even more involved.

That makes some sense. I do have TV in all my places, it is just not offered as a package like it is at home. If you want tv in a commercial business it has to be ordered separately. It is all on the same bill and everything, just not as a package deal.