Maksim

Allentown gun show, March 6th and 7th?

There are two shows in Allentown that weekend. Eagle Arms and Appalachian Promotions. The Appalachian show at the PA Expo Center is the same show that comes to Kings Caterers in Bristol PA and the Philadelphia Armory. Don't know about the Eagle Arms show.

I have been to the one at Kings and the Amory and was not impressed. Would not drive an hour and a half for either. Last year it took about 30 minutes to look at the whole shebang at both shows. Luckily it only took 25 minutes to drive to them too. Maybe their show is different in Allentown. When at the show in Bristol last year I talked to a couple of vendors and they just make the circuit, same vendors etc. at each show.

I thought the Forks of the Delaware show was the one to see in Allentown?

The Valley Forge show on the following weekend might be better. I will be trying for that one. There is another thread here on the Valley Forge show.

just my $.02

Guess it depends on what floats your boat. I go to both and I prefer an AP show to the Forks show. The Forks show would be great if you were an antique or military arms collector (half the building is devoted to this), but I think the AP show is a more contemporary show. I think AP is advertising 1700 tables, which seems waaaaaay optimistic, but this will be one of their bigger venues and in light of the Philly Armory not being back on-line until May, I may make this show. However, with VF the following week, I may wait and just go there - which for my money, offers the best of both world's.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Guess it depends on what floats your boat. I go to both and I prefer an AP show to the Forks show. The Forks show would be great if you were an antique or military arms collector (half the building is devoted to this), but I think the AP show is a more contemporary show. I think AP is advertising 1700 tables, which seems waaaaaay optimistic, but this will be one of their bigger venues and in light of the Philly Armory not being back on-line until May, I may make this show. However, with VF the following week, I may wait and just go there - which for my money, offers the best of both world's.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I didn't do any real research on the Appalachian show in Allentown. :doh: I guess it really isn't the same show I've been to at the other locations. At 1200 tables it would be 50% larger than the Forks of the Delaware shows.

Maybe I'll consider if I can go to both Allentown and Valley Forge.

The one to see in Allentown is Rodeway Inn (formerly Days Inn). I also go to Forks of the Delaware most of the time but the larger space does not equal greater selection of quality products.

I just saw a sign for PA Expo gunshow this morning on my way to work. Going to need to check it out.

BTW, people are starting to STINK up here at the gun shows over the last couple months. Not sure why, but there are people that smell so bad I have to turn around and leave the isle. A lot of people have been noticing this.