Sign in to follow this  
Chad

Who has a 22-250?

Anyone have a 22-250? I really want one...likes / dislikes?

This round screams ... bout 3,800fps with a 50 grain bullet, lighter bullets are closer to 4000fps. Very flat shooters, drop is -0- at 200yds while retaining around 1730 ft lbs of energy. Capable of 400+ yards...much more than my limit. Seems like it can really reach out, rather quick too!

I've shot my step-dads 22-250 quite a lot.

It's very accurate and fun to shoot. It's also got quite a boom.

I've turned groundhogs inside out at 300 yards. Red mist. My step dad has taken them at 450-500.

It's on my list of guns to get.

That's the great thing about the .22-250. Get a moderate (but still very functional) round and it's the only one you listed that IS NOT a barrel burner!

22Hornet does not belong in this group. A very docile round and definitely NOT, NOT,NOT a barrel burner. Almost a "garden gun". Great gun for Jersey chucking.

That's the great thing about the .22-250. Get a moderate (but still very functional) round and it's the only one you listed that IS NOT a barrel burner!

22Hornet does not belong in this group. A very docile round and definitely NOT, NOT,NOT a barrel burner. Almost a "garden gun". Great gun for Jersey chucking.

3000 FPS isn't exactly what I'd call "docile". Granted it's not 3500-4300fps and it's half the energy of a 22-250 but it'd definitely get a ground hog blowed up real good.

3000 FPS isn't exactly what I'd call "docile". Granted it's not 3500-4300fps and it's half the energy of a 22-250 but it'd definitely get a ground hog blowed up real good.

Don't get me wrong Mark, I like the Hornet. 3000fps, I think is optimistic but who's counting? And the chucks don't know the difference. Let's drag out the hornets out this summer.

I passed one up at Griffin and Howe a year ago. I should have grabbed it, if noting else than the glass. It was a Ruger m77 in very good but well used condition with a Leupold 3-12?(or something like that) for $600. It was the best deal at the store (and the only one I could afford). Regrets.