matty

HXP Available at CMP

Well, as of noon today, the long awaited HXP .30-06 went up for sale on the CMP eStore. Price took a big jump, up to $120/240 can in boxes or $96/192 in clips :o With shipping its about .54/rd. Still much cheaper than the Federal ammo sold for M1 specifically. I ordered a few cans. Guess I will have to get cracking on the wholereloading thing sooner rater than later

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! Last time it was like 70 bucks or something. Good to hear its on the floor that means CMP trip is coming soon. Except im broke :(

Well perhaps you should just go ahead and sell that M39 to fund your 30.06 habit. 8-)

Once again.... commie superiority. =) 7.62x54r avail for 12 to 20 cents a round. And the gun costs less than the can of ammo. =)

jk. Couldnt resist. Garands are nice... but a garand for a grand...... I can think of other ways of spending that money.

Now is this ammo re-loadable? brass? Military crimp? Boxer or Berdan primed?

Once again.... commie superiority. =) 7.62x54r avail for 12 to 20 cents a round. And the gun costs less than the can of ammo. =)

jk. Couldnt resist. Garands are nice... but a garand for a grand...... I can think of other ways of spending that money.

It is re-loadable but I believe it has the military crimp.

But every American should own a Garand if you ask me! It's part of the right of passage I feel.

It is re-loadable but I believe it has the military crimp.

But every American should own a Garand if you ask me! It's part of the right rite of passage I feel.

So Dan doesn't have to.

Can't compare the two no way no how

M44's aren't exactly expensive. Availability is the main issue i guess. I did yet one from gander mtn in NY about a year ago for $100 OTD. They had a whole stash of them and i understand they regularly sell mosins.

My Garand was $600 shipped to my house, and it's a beauty. Go through the CMP.

http://www.thecmp.org/

I remember hearing that all CMP orders take months to come in. Let me know how your ammo goes.

Sorry, they just aren't on my Favorite People List. :hand:

My M1 Garand took only a little over a month, but I had heard that in the past it was three or more months to get one. No complaints about them from me.

I hear a month is good. My friend has been waiting for 2 tins of ammo STILL! They say that it is due to be shipped soon. I think they are coming up on 9 months now.

About a year ago, I looked into getting an M1 from them but it seemed too much of a hassle so I just went local. :D