NJgunowner86

Gun Permit as unemployed

Does anyone know of getting a handgun permit while unemployed. My town mails a letter with questionnaire about the applicant to the applicant's employer (think they all do) but currently I am unemployed. Would applying for a handgun permit while unemployed result in denial (and thus a very hard time ever getting a permit again)?

Does anyone know of getting a handgun permit while unemployed. My town mails a letter with questionnaire about the applicant to the applicant's employer (think they all do) but currently I am unemployed. Would applying for a handgun permit while unemployed result in denial (and thus a very hard time ever getting a permit again)?

They def do not all do and I do not believe it is a problem.

Does anyone know of getting a handgun permit while unemployed. Not a problem. My town mails a letter with questionnaire about the applicant to the applicant's employer (think they all do) but currently I am unemployed. They are violating the law. Only verification of employment is needed. Would applying for a handgun permit while unemployed result in denial (and thus a very hard time ever getting a permit again)? No.
  • Like 1

Been there, done that, got the tee shirt! No problem with unemployment. Go get your permit.

you do not have to be employed.

:scared-eek: Wow. I think I mentioned I had a premise permit in NYC before moving here.

Not only did you have to be employed, you had to be "gainfully" employed. W2's were needed. AND you had to show it during your interview at 1 Police Plaza.

NJ is kinda lame ( I thought for sure I could be shooting squirrels with a Pellet gun, like I did in my youth on Long Island) but man, some parts of these laws make me feel like I moved to Texas.

:scared-eek: Wow. I think I mentioned I had a premise permit in NYC before moving here.

Not only did you have to be employed, you had to be "gainfully" employed. W2's were needed. AND you had to show it during your interview at 1 Police Plaza.

NJ is kinda lame ( I thought for sure I could be shooting squirrels with a Pellet gun, like I did in my youth on Long Island) but man, some parts of these laws make me feel like I moved to Texas.

that was a NYC law.

nothing in the NJ legislature that states you have to be employed.

Why are you unemployed? :whistle:

Surprisingly, for being a douche to my boss :-D

I'm a little rough around the edges I guess. I come off as sarcastic or douche bag sometimes. But I'm not a bad guy! In fact beneath this shell of a cynical asshole is a real nice guy :D I swear

:lol::lol:

that was a NYC law.

nothing in the NJ legislature that states you have to be employed.

clearly . Amazing

about 2 months ago I heard about a town somewhere in jersey

that required the applicant to sign a waiver for the pd to get any or all records about the app from the IRS,welfare,unemployment ,the military,credit history,

and child support.

2yrs ago my town required a waiver for credit history.....

that required the applicant to sign a waiver for the pd to get any or all records about the app from the IRS,welfare,unemployment ,the military,credit history,

and child support.

All extra BS.

The state itself only requires the app and mental health form.

Some towns think they are NYC.

I'm sure you've got your answer, but when I applied for my FID one year ago, I was also unemployed. I just put "N/A unemployed."

Except for the 60 day wait, no problems. Just don't put your former boss down as your reference. :lol:

and child support.

Yep that's my town. Sent an email to ANJRPC who contacted the chief with no response. I sent an email to to the Office of the Attorney General as well. I won't hold my breath for that to be answered. Mailing a letter to my district reps hoping for at least a response.

and child support.

All extra BS.

The state itself only requires the app and mental health form.

Some towns think they are NYC.

They are not allowed to ask anything outside of what info is set forth by the head of the state police.

2C:58-3(f) "... There shall be no conditions or requirements added to the form or content of the application required by the licensing authority for the issuance of a permit or identification card other than those specifically set forth in this chapter."