Regulator72

Sooo..No more BA on Tuesdays, now what?

I honestly don't know why you would want to go back to BA after they pull something like this.

Especially since they didn't even give a heads up or say, "Hey, we know you guys come in on Tuesday's, we are thinking of closing Tuesdays. Does any other day work for your group?"

But they didn't.

SS saw the opportunity, stepped up and did the right thing.

I probably won't ever go back to BA for this reason alone.

Why? because I like shooting there and I like the people there.

Do I think it is stupid to close and on such short notice? absolutely, but I have seen and heard other stupid crap too. I dont hold grudges against people, and I do understand what he is thinking.

I am sure they will be and open on tuesdays soon enough after they realize the impact. If not, then perhaps there will be an opportunity to buy a range soon :shhh: .

Whats the point of being miserable and letting it ruin your day? What happened was bucket 3, outside of our control, and mostly outside of our influence.

From this, a few things will happen.... there will be some BA members who will not care, there will be those that care but put up with it, and there will be some who will not put up with it, cancel their memberships and go elsewhere.

Soon though, it will be forgotten and it will revert back to how it has been, whatever your individual experience is.

A few of the folks from chat basically decided to move to Wed nights and while not Tuesdays, it is a day to go shoot. Am I going to go every week like I have been for the past year with the few exceptions, probably not, because I would be much happier shooting outdoors at Dix.

At any time, any range owner can decide to take a day off, and we are guests of their business. They have that right. Based on what their policies are, it is up to each individual to do as they wish. While we may have our own opinions, at the end of the day, no one is putting a gun to anyone's head and telling them what to do.

That is the great thing about this forum, it is a medium for people to share their ideas, where there is no right or wrong.

As for renewing membership, if the tuesday thing is permanent, I will be considering it as well, I pay for my memberships as much as any others. Still waiting for Central Jersey to invite me to a free membership. :mrgreen: :lol:

Just a quick addendum, part of my reasoning behind not being super pissed about this is because we cant afford to be. As great or as crappy an FFL may be, in New Jersey, strength in numbers. As much as seasoned shooters may complain about newbies, those newbies are the ones that are keeping things going and making sure we still have the privilege to own firearms in NJ. Public ranges like Brick Armory, Shore Shot and Bullet Hole, are the main people who get new shooters started in the sport. Without them, we are as good as dead.

+1 good mindset, we all need that mindset in New Jersey especially.

thanks Chris.

Now that I dwell on it a bit more... those "lousy FFL's that just want to charge an arm and a leg" are the only ones that came out in numbers and testified at the One Gun a Month hearing in Trenton. Aside from them, there were 4 NJGF members and 5 NJCSD members there that I counted.

So 9 gun owners in NJ, out of over 800,000. meanwhile, I counted at least 15 to 20 FFL's out of the 265 or so in NJ.

At this point I am going to be very honest and probably piss off a few people, including "old timers," or anyone who preaches buy online, ship to local FFL....... but to all those people, in this case, F.U. Bitch and complain all you want, but in my eyes, those money hungry, over charging, dirtybag, sleezy brick and mortar shops do more for the firearms community and do more to protect your rights as gun owners than any one individual.

MLK, don't judge a man by the color of his skin, but by his actions. So aside those 9 or so gun owners that bothered to show up for a few hours, no other bench racing gun owner has the right to complain, and until anything changes, I will hold the opinions and actions of those that bothered in higher regard.

Less than 1/10th of 1 percent of the gun owners bothered to show up or write, or do anything to support their rights, yet close to 10% of the FFL's showed up. Tell me there is nothing wrong with that? And no one has the right to say "I didnt know" as there were posts about it on every firearms forum, njcsd, here, ar15.com, nj hunter, etc. There were flyers in shops, in fact I brought some to BA every time. NJCSD brought flyers to the local shops. Ranges had this. People talk.

At the end of the day, yes, someone may have 200 guns they collected over the last 40 years, but have you ever bothered to say thank you to any FFL for actually doing something? Or more importantly, have you thanked that newbie that paid $800 for a Wasr at Brick Armory during the hype? Stop laughing at that newbie for over paying, and thank them for getting into the sport, and thank the dealer that they are around to give you a place to enjoy it.

Geez Maks, a bit fired up today are we?

Hold the OGAM meeting at 7:30pm on a weeknight, and see how many people show up.

You are lucky (unlucky?) enough to be self employed and have the liberty to be flexible with your hours. (FFL's in NJ are running a business too).

I would venture to say that most of the gun owners (the ones that care) have day jobs and unfortunately, as much as it sucks, putting food on the table is much more important than fighting a loosing battle over our guns.

:violence-torch: !

Ok, Maks, I hope you are calmer Wed nite if you show up at BA :lol: j/k..

FWIW, its supposed to be windy tomorrow, but with the rain, there shouldn't be any dust at Range 14.

I will also add to Maks screed, that this too shall pass. The last couple months have not been kind to the NJ firearms community in general. There are other ranges/clubs//shops that have had incidents/issues since 1 Jan. (and before) and they are dealing with them as they see fit.

I will be at BA Weds 28th, nite time, I don't get many chances to shoot, so I am not changing anytime soon--

Geez Maks, a bit fired up today are we?

Hold the OGAM meeting at 7:30pm on a weeknight, and see how many people show up.

You are lucky (unlucky?) enough to be self employed and have the liberty to be flexible with your hours. (FFL's in NJ are running a business too).

I would venture to say that most of the gun owners (the ones that care) have day jobs and unfortunately, as much as it sucks, putting food on the table is much more important than fighting a loosing battle over our guns.

How many sick days do you have? I have worked with enough people to know that they save up enough, and then just blow them all at the end.

if it was really that important, someone would use a sick day, or half a day.

the point is... it wasnt 800,000, obviously, and no one is asking for even 1% to show up. less than 1/10th of 1 percent showed up. Had there even been 100 people in that room, it would send a better message.

Most of my clients see me during the daytime. If you have to go to a doctor, lawyer, accountant, or DMV, or to go fight a speeding ticket, you take a day off.

Bottom line, It really just means that it isn't important enough for someone. Btw, it was easier for me to take a day off, or to take a sick day when I was W2 then self employed. taking a day off as self employed means you are not getting paid that day. We don't have vacation time, sick days, or anything else.

and I am not too fired up, actually fairly calm. Granted, I have been told I am a little blunt with the truth, but that is what my clients pay me for. Besides... I am hungry. lol. I dont mind hearing excuses, everyone does it, but I do hate pitty parties. they are pointless and dont solve anything.

I thought it was over $900 for the WASR.

While I understand your point of view (and agree with a lot of it), we are not guests of brick Armory. We are paying customers.

Their is a difference and all they needed was some common courtesy to inform you (being the leader of a large group of Tuesday regulars) that they were thinking of closing Tuesdays and would an alternate day work.

It really is that simple.

While I understand your point of view (and agree with a lot of it), we are not guests of brick Armory. We are paying customers.

Their is a difference and all they needed was some common courtesy to inform you (being the leader of a large group of Tuesday regulars) that they were thinking of closing Tuesdays and would an alternate day work.

Easy solution. Cancel your membership. if it was within the past 30 days or so, some companies give up to 90, and it was on your CC, dispute it.

If it was after that, you have a material change, bring it up to Phil at BA. Otherwise, lets say they stay closed on every tuesday, for ever, someone will either switch to shoot a different day, or go to a different range.

I realize alot of folks got memberships after the tuesday meets. I am as dissapointed as anyone else is, if not more, but I am not going to blow steam as a result of it. I have brought it up to Phil, and we do have an alternate solution, and ShoreShot has offered a great discount, as Lunker posted earlier. I suspect BA will quickly open up on tuesdays again, or it will have a long term impact on their business.

Bottom line is, yes, we pay for a membership to use the range... BA decided to close tuesdays temporarily (I suspect).

Yet....

No one complains about paying for a membership at....

Fort Dix and they are only open 4 days a week at certain hours.

Bullet Hole having closings for police qualifications

Central Jersey having matches nearly every week on different ranges.

Places like BA and ShoreShot.... are open and allow us to shoot more than any other range, pistol or rifle... nearly 12 hours a day! 7 Days a Week.

Easy solution. Cancel your membership. if it was within the past 30 days or so, some companies give up to 90, and it was on your CC, dispute it.

If it was after that, you have a material change, bring it up to Phil at BA. Otherwise, lets say they stay closed on every tuesday, for ever, someone will either switch to shoot a different day, or go to a different range.

I realize alot of folks got memberships after the tuesday meets. I am as dissapointed as anyone else is, if not more, but I am not going to blow steam as a result of it. I have brought it up to Phil, and we do have an alternate solution, and ShoreShot has offered a great discount, as Lunker posted earlier. I suspect BA will quickly open up on tuesdays again, or it will have a long term impact on their business.

Bottom line is, yes, we pay for a membership to use the range... BA decided to close tuesdays temporarily (I suspect).

Yet....

No one complains about paying for a membership at....

Central Jersey having matches nearly every week on different ranges.

Places like BA and ShoreShot.... are open and allow us to shoot more than any other range, pistol or rifle... nearly 12 hours a day! 7 Days a Week.

Maybe because those ranges didn't suddenly announce a closure on the day a large number of patrons REGULARLY show up EVERY week to shoot together.

The point isn't that the range needs a day off or whatever. The point is that they, knowing a lot of their patronage comes from this site and it's member's, could have handled it better.

I am not crying, blowing smoke or whatever.

I am stating my opinion, juts like you are.

1) You knew the hours at Ft Dix when you joined

2) BH provided close to a month's advance notice for police qual's, furthermore there is no membership available, therefore; you technically have not "lost" anything.

:whistle:

thanks Chris.

Now that I dwell on it a bit more... those "lousy FFL's that just want to charge an arm and a leg" are the only ones that came out in numbers and testified at the One Gun a Month hearing in Trenton. Aside from them, there were 4 NJGF members and 5 NJCSD members there that I counted.

So 9 gun owners in NJ, out of over 800,000. meanwhile, I counted at least 15 to 20 FFL's out of the 265 or so in NJ.

At this point I am going to be very honest and probably piss off a few people, including "old timers," or anyone who preaches buy online, ship to local FFL....... but to all those people, in this case, F.U. **** and complain all you want, but in my eyes, those money hungry, over charging, dirtybag, sleezy brick and mortar shops do more for the firearms community and do more to protect your rights as gun owners than any one individual.

MLK, don't judge a man by the color of his skin, but by his actions. So aside those 9 or so gun owners that bothered to show up for a few hours, no other bench racing gun owner has the right to complain, and until anything changes, I will hold the opinions and actions of those that bothered in higher regard.

Less than 1/10th of 1 percent of the gun owners bothered to show up or write, or do anything to support their rights, yet close to 10% of the FFL's showed up. Tell me there is nothing wrong with that? And no one has the right to say "I didnt know" as there were posts about it on every firearms forum, njcsd, here, ar15.com, nj hunter, etc. There were flyers in shops, in fact I brought some to BA every time. NJCSD brought flyers to the local shops. Ranges had this. People talk.

At the end of the day, yes, someone may have 200 guns they collected over the last 40 years, but have you ever bothered to say thank you to any FFL for actually doing something? Or more importantly, have you thanked that newbie that paid $800 for a Wasr at Brick Armory during the hype? Stop laughing at that newbie for over paying, and thank them for getting into the sport, and thank the dealer that they are around to give you a place to enjoy it.

Holy crap, wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Blame the people who can't afford day to day expenses for not taking a day off work and going to a hearing? While I'm sure that some of the gun owners might not work that could have gone, but ridiculing everyone else that may not be able to seems harsh. In addition, I see nothing wrong with the fact that .10% of owners showed up while 10% of FFL's show up. The reason, comes back to being able to afford day to day expenses. This is the FFL's source of income, they cant afford to lose the sales. I think that in itself would justify the difference in numbers. Do I think the numbers should be higher? Sure. You say less than .10% bothered to show up OR write OR do anything. Obviously you could see who showed up if you were there, but how could you tell who wrote someone or has done something else to help preserve their rights?

Did I say lose your pay? You have Sick days, ie, paid sick days.... or take a day of vacation.

If you are not getting paid for the day, sure.

Is anyone a horrible person for not going? absolutely not. Just my personal opinion. People who dont do anything about it, shouldnt complain.

Quite honestly though, if someone missing a day of work is going to make a life or death scenario in their ability to pay their bills, should reconsider gun ownership. Owning firearms is not a cheap hobby if you truly want to enjoy it.

You mean to tell me everyone here never takes a sick day or doesnt play hookie at work?

And lets be honest... if you ask your boss to let you take half a day to go to trenton, they would tell you no? And this goes for everyone.

Obviously this is just my observation.

One better, take the membership roster of any gun club... I am sure at least 25% of those are retired folks...... You mean to tell me they cant go down to trenton? Parking? It was free.

No one has to do anything, the whole point of this rant was that it is my personal belief that people who dont do anything about their rights, when they have the ability to, and just lack the will to... have no right to complain.

Close the forum down on Tuesdays. I'm sure no one will mind. And this is free!

Damn near lost the coffee on the keyboard for that.

Maksim,

While I wasn't around or even thinking about geting my permits when this all went down, I will say my opinion. When you have no kids at home, a wife etc.. it's easier to take time off. Just is. I see my daughter every other weekend and generally do nothing but hang out with her when that weekend comes. Everything else is passed by, even work. Family first. Even though I lovbe the sport and all, I would have to have strong convinctions to put the meeting over family. In my case, it would be easy as my wife get's home late and my daughter is seen on the weekend.

Kudos to SS for opening up a place for us to go on Tuesday's. I will probably be there tonight around 8ish. My wife will be there as well.

Maksim,

While I wasn't around or even thinking about geting my permits when this all went down, I will say my opinion. When you have no kids at home, a wife etc.. it's easier to take time off. Just is. I see my daughter every other weekend and generally do nothing but hang out with her when that weekend comes. Everything else is passed by, even work. Family first. Even though I lovbe the sport and all, I would have to have strong convinctions to put the meeting over family. In my case, it would be easy as my wife get's home late and my daughter is seen on the weekend.

Kudos to SS for opening up a place for us to go on Tuesday's. I will probably be there tonight around 8ish. My wife will be there as well.

HAHA. =) So I guess we will see a different Bryan tonight. =P

But the OGAM was during the week. And I know it is tough, and obviously family first. I just cant buy the fact that 99.9% of gun owners dont find it worth their while to show up.

Oh I agree about the 99.99%..

As far as a different Bryan, well a little different, but for the most part what's wrong with me is no small thing and I aint tryin to fool anybody :mrgreen:

She knows me better than I know myself..

Oh I agree about the 99.99%..

As far as a different Bryan, well a little different, but for the most part what's wrong with me is no small thing and I aint tryin to fool anybody :mrgreen:

She knows me better than I know myself..

And she can out shoot you.. :lol:

Hey there. did you tell the pig to sqeal? weeee.....weeee.....thining of the deliverence banjo music..

Hey, at least she'll be able to save me from the bad boys coming through the door. Bad boys..bad boyus, whatchya gonna do!

Maksim,

HAHA. =) So I guess we will see a different Bryan tonight. =P

But the OGAM was during the week. And I know it is tough, and obviously family first. I just cant buy the fact that 99.9% of gun owners dont find it worth their while to show up.

I agree with the 99.9% part, and even said I'm sure some gun owners do not have jobs and could have gone.

Hey, at least she'll be able to save me from the bad boys coming through the door. Bad boys..bad boyus, whatchya gonna do!

If you are going to SS, there is no need to worry about bad boys coming thru the door, unless of course they are going to shoot there. Swat teams don't typically frequent that place while on duty.

If you are going to SS, there is no need to worry about bad boys coming thru the door, unless of course they are going to shoot there. Swat teams don't typically frequent that place while on duty.

Maybe not while on duty but I've seen a lot of off duty shooting in there, especially with their GF or wives. I know they do some re-qualifying there, used to do it on Monday mornings when they are "closed".

Absolutely they do . . . and they have their guns in cases when they walk in the front door, right? Not "at the ready" with 3 point slings, tactical thigh holsters and S.W.A.T. or FEDERAL AGENT written across their chest and back in big yellow letters complimented by black BDUs? And I bet they don't put a big orange sticker on the door that states SEIZED, do they? :lol:

Hey guys,

I apologize but something came up last minute with my girlfriend. I have to help her out and can't make it to Shore Shot tonight. I spoke with Andy and Chris, who are working there tonight, and they were told about the NJGF special pricing I got from the owner this morning. You shouldn't have any problems.

Thanks for the updates guys. Seems to me that BA has had some bad business choices between sales, hours, charges, etc in the passed couple months, Im leaning more towards a membership at SS. I havent shot there in over 2yrs so I will have to go check it out first.

Is the $10 NJGF walk on fee good any day of the week or just tuesdays?

-Scott

Well, I went to Shore Shot tonight and was surprised to see I was the only NJGF member there? Had a great time, did some catching up with Andy and Paul and it was good to see a RO out in the lanes watching out for everyone. Sorry Chris and Maks couldn't make it this week, maybe next week?

Was discussing some forum shooting with Andy and he said if some of the members were only interested in the occasional walk-on, he would make up a Forum ID Card so that you don't have to fill out the form every week, just do it once and then you just have to show your ID when you come down.

Well, I went to Shore Shot tonight and was surprised to see I was the only NJGF member there? Had a great time, did some catching up with Andy and Paul and it was good to see a RO out in the lanes watching out for everyone. Sorry Chris and Maks couldn't make it this week, maybe next week?

Was discussing some forum shooting with Andy and he said if some of the members were only interested in the occasional walk-on, he would make up a Forum ID Card so that you don't have to fill out the form every week, just do it once and then you just have to show your ID when you come down.

It'll take 6 weeks to get, will be printed on oak tag... (KIDDING!!!)