Regulator72

Cabelas won't ship primers to NJ?

Has anyone had this issue? I tried to check out and i get this;

Item Restricted

We're sorry, but the following item(s) cannot be shipped to your shipping address. Please make a selection below:

* CCI Primers - Per 1000

I can either remove them or ship to another shipping address??? i can order ammo, but not primers???? whaaat?

I had an issue with this a while ago. I pursued it to the point where I got a phone call from a senior VP of product sales. After talking with this gentleman, I can no longer argue against Cabela's policy. They are claiming that loose primers are considered an "explosive" and are therefore not allowed to be shipped to NJ residents. After rereading the NJ state laws, Cabela's is technically correct.

It is all about the hazmat fees. I don't agree with them, but I see their POV.

Welcome of the Peoples' Republic of New Jersey. Now you know why Cabelas dropped out of Xanadu. See ya'll in North Carolina.

Cabela's CANT ship to NJ now BECAUSE of Xanadu. Even though WE all know there is a stake through its heart and the coffin lid has been propped open facing east at dawn, it's not OFFICIALLY dead. Thererfore because Cabela's had already gone through all of the paperwork crap to do business here, their hands are tied. it's kind of like Ammoman. Because Eric is in NJ, he cant ship to us in state.

Welcome of the Peoples' Republic of New Jersey. Now you know why Cabelas dropped out of Xanadu. See ya'll in North Carolina.

Cabela's CANT ship to NJ now BECAUSE of Xanadu. Even though WE all know there is a stake through its heart and the coffin lid has been propped open facing east at dawn, it's not OFFICIALLY dead. Thererfore because Cabela's had already gone through all of the paperwork crap to do business here, their hands are tied. it's kind of like Ammoman. Because Eric is in NJ, he cant ship to us in state.

I figured Ammoman didnt want to be bothered with NJ Sales Tax....

They ship ammo to NJ, just not powder & primers. I have powder & primers shipped to NYC. Go figure...

They ship ammo to NJ, just not powder & primers. I have powder & primers shipped to NYC. Go figure...

I was under the impression they wouldnt ship handgun ammo to NJ anymore..at least according to threads on this stie. Handgun ammo, as well as primers and Powder have to be entered in a Bound Book in NJ (Kind of like Muzzleloaders and BB guns are "Firerarms" here..yet almost nowhere else). Once Cabelas completed their paperwork with the state, which they had to do before even being allowed to open in NJ at Xanadu, they became Bound by NJ law. Until they either open up a store here, OR, once the stake is through Xanadu's heart and they are freed from the contract and can notify the state of their intent to NOT do business licensed in NJ, then they can (possibly) go back to seleing Handgun Ammo, Powder and Primers by mail here.

Yeah. I got the same treatment months ago when primers were scarce as hen's teeth. Was able to put primers in my "cart" then it told me the item was restricted at checkout. Never tried buying ammo from Cabelas but when I tried buying some .223 ammo from Midway USA, they said they could not ship to NJ.

So now I buy all my ammo from Natchez and all my reloading supplies from either Powder Valley, Inc or Gray and Sons. Never had any issue with any of these companies.

Has anyone had this issue? I tried to check out and i get this;

Item Restricted

We're sorry, but the following item(s) cannot be shipped to your shipping address. Please make a selection below:

* CCI Primers - Per 1000

I can either remove them or ship to another shipping address??? i can order ammo, but not primers???? whaaat?