71ragtopgoat

Three posing as police officers rob N.J. man in his home

Some of my buddies think I am nuts for answering the door with a glock in the pocket...after reading this, I feel normal...

Some pf my buddies think I am nuts for answering the door with a glock in the pocket...after reading this, I feel normal...

If it is after 10pm, and the door bell rings... bet your ass there is a penis extension, er, HK on my side. =P

Some pf my buddies think I am nuts for answering the door with a glock in the pocket...after reading this, I feel normal...

If it is after 10pm, and the door bell rings... bet your a** there is a penis extension, er, HK on my side. =P

The Boss said penis... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If it is after 10pm, and the door bell rings... bet your a** there is a penis extension, er, HK on my side. =P

The Boss said penis... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

WAIT a minute. PENIS is ok but ASS hits the profanity filter?

kind of along the lines of this thread.. can you legally answer your door with a firearm.. like ok i get you could have a gun in the pocket.. or in the back of a waist band... but say you just open the door with an AR10.. shotgun.. etc.. can you LEGALLY do that?

I dont know the legality of it, but I would (think) you can carry a firearm on your property or in your house especially. I think law enforcement would only get involved if there was an incident, but then again, I remember someone here mentioning something about cleaning his gun on the deck out back and the neighbors called the cops on him. Forget who it was, but the cops did come out and knock on his door, but didn't end up doing anything.

the reason i ask is the following.. i keep the mossberg pump at my side next to the couch when im in my living room at night (no small children you know the deal)... and NO ONE randomly visits me unannounced.. so i guess my concern is, ok so i have my glock in my waistband.. or shotgun in hand at side.. and answer the door.. and well what if it HAPPENS to be the police.. investigating something that has NOTHING to do with me.. are they going to try to get all mall ninja tactical on me and draw down on me.. with the present state of society.. home break ins and such.. how do i even know they are REALLY cops.. things are getting quite confusing... i guess more importantly.. do i HAVE to even answer the door? this would NEVER happen.. but say someone calls the police and says "this house is being too loud" and the police come to "investigate" what happens if they get there and its NOT loud anymore.. do they just assume we left? or quieted down? at what point do they have a right to forcefully enter my home? my gut instinct says shut up.. be quiet and wait for them to go away?

The follow up article leads me to believe that he may not have been sure they were fake until much later in the incident than when the door opened. If he had a pistol with him and he let them in thinking they were cops they would have taken it too.

It's a bren ten.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The follow up article leads me to believe that he may not have been sure they were fake until much later in the incident than when the door opened. If he had a pistol with him and he let them in thinking they were cops they would have taken it too.

kind of what i was hinting to..

knock knock.. its the police.. open up..

ok what do i do at this point.. i have done NOTHING wrong.. if they have a warrant.. they will be kicking in the door announcing that they have a warrant? if they don't will they just go away? with the way things are going now a days when the door is kicked in at 3am.. in a home where i have done NOTHING wrong.. own NOTHING illegal.. well what then? do i assume that they are criminals and shoot? what if its the wrong house.. what if they ARE cops and shoot back? SO many variables..

ok what do i do at this point.. i have done NOTHING wrong.. if they have a warrant.. they will be kicking in the door announcing that they have a warrant? if they don't will they just go away? with the way things are going now a days when the door is kicked in at 3am.. in a home where i have done NOTHING wrong.. own NOTHING illegal.. well what then? do i assume that they are criminals and shoot? what if its the wrong house.. what if they ARE cops and shoot back? SO many variables..

If you suspect them - dial 911.

Ah, I get it. Instead of saying "who is it?" you say nothing. Might not be the perfect thing to do but certainly hard to find a tactical flaw in it. However, at 1 am I am awake with at least a TV on.

Might be good to get a small camera on the entryway too. If I saw guys saying they were cops that were not in full uniform I believe it might be best to call the police anyway to be sure.

The part about the police radio is intersting. They would hear the radio dispatch to your house.

I would love to hear what the LEO's on the board think.

Depending on the layout of your home, you could get a visual through the peephole or a window, and call 911 and ask if they are real cops.

In my experience, around here at least, cops are well uniformed and very distinctive. They also don't make house calls in unmarked cars. At least not the first ones on scene, the detectives come later. Of course, this might not be so apparent to someone who doesn't pay attention to details. I'm going out on a limb here, but probably not many of us have a $9k watch sitting in our houses. Different kind of person I would guess.

The "police radio" could have just been a scanner as well. Even if it was a real radio, they can be bought on ebay for pretty cheap. Getting it to transmit and receive properly would be the hard part, but even if it was programed for a different town, it could probably fool a lot of people.

It's all Monday morning quarterbacking.. but it was probably just a stupid split second mistake on his part to open the door.

Ah, I get it. Instead of saying "who is it?" you say nothing. Might not be the perfect thing to do but certainly hard to find a tactical flaw in it. However, at 1 am I am awake with at least a TV on.

Might be good to get a small camera on the entryway too. If I saw guys saying they were cops that were not in full uniform I believe it might be best to call the police anyway to be sure.

The part about the police radio is intersting. They would hear the radio dispatch to your house.

I would love to hear what the LEO's on the board think.

I am interested as well to see what they say.. just because a TV is on.. or lights are lit.. does not mean someone is home.. maybe we WERE being loud.. and ran to the store.. when it comes down to split second decision making.. gets kind of touchy..

I have a sidearm on my person 100% of the time, including in my home. If you're not invited, I might not open the door. If you say you are a cop or Fed or whatever, I am definitely not opening the door. I don't trust 911 as far as I can throw them. And I don't care what "warrant" you have, I'm calling the township and requiring them to send two cars out. And if some gang members kick in my door (that would be a feat) and start yelling, "Police!" then they just opened an overfilled can of Hell.

I have a sidearm on my person 100% of the time, including in my home. If you're not invited, I might not open the door. If you say you are a cop or Fed or whatever, I am definitely not opening the door. I don't trust 911 as far as I can throw them. And I don't care what "warrant" you have, I'm calling the township and requiring them to send two cars out. And if some gang members kick in my door (that would be a feat) and start yelling, "Police!" then they just opened an overfilled can of Hell.

Without starting a LEO bashing thread.... I agree with the part of calling the police to find out if they are real cops.

I remember reading or hearing somewhere, about fake unmarked cars pulling people over, flashing a fake badge and then robbing people. It was advised that if you have an unmarked LEO trying to pull you over, it is totally cool to call the police and verify the car, and or drive to the PD or other public place to pull over.

Without starting a LEO bashing thread.... I agree with the part of calling the police to find out if they are real cops.

I remember reading or hearing somewhere, about fake unmarked cars pulling people over, flashing a fake badge and then robbing people. It was advised that if you have an unmarked LEO trying to pull you over, it is totally cool to call the police and verify the car, and or drive to the PD or other public place to pull over.

I didn't mean to bash police at all. Nobody at my door is coming in unless I see a couple township cars. I don't care what authority they claim or what badges they have. That shit is faked all the time, especially in brutally murderous home invasions.

Every time I've seen an unmarked car pull someone over, the officer is always in full uniform. (With the exception of Perth amboy, but the marked car is only a few seconds behind from what I observed).

I'd think that for most of us, it would be relatively simple to figure out if the guy is a real cop or not.

I assume you guys have heard this one:

Unfortunately, this seems to be an edited version. Somebody please post the full version if you can find it. Thugs come to door claiming to be police looking for escaped prisoner. Dad opens door but gets suspicious, they blow him away. Then they blow away young daughter. I forget why they leave (this edited version leaves out some of the context), but they decide to come back to finish off Mom, the last witness. She drives them off with a gun after being shot.

Every time I've seen an unmarked car pull someone over, the officer is always in full uniform. (With the exception of Perth amboy, but the marked car is only a few seconds behind from what I observed).

I'd think that for most of us, it would be relatively simple to figure out if the guy is a real cop or not.

You have to do something INCREDIBLY Stupid to have one of our Detectives pull you over, and a marked unit is always sent immediately as backup..but that's Us.

thanks for all the input..

knock at the door..

look outside..

no cop cars

take up position and dial 911.. LOL

cop cars

cautiously answer the door..

extremely simple and logical.. ;)

thanks for all the input..

knock at the door..

look outside..

no cop cars

take up position and dial 911.. LOL

cop cars

cautiously answer the door..

extremely simple and logical.. ;)

The above. Absent confirmation of authenticity, intruders will be fired upon. While it's been 40 years, I've had people with guns come after me. I'm here, they're not. While I hope to never have to shoot some ignorant badged-up doofus, I'll do it in a heartbeat if said doofus fails to properly identify himself to me.

He can identify himself all he wants. No uniform or badge is going to put me at a disadvantage. Anybody can get that shit, and they DO. It happens far too often.

If you got the balls to drive a couple fake township cars to my house, well, at that point, I guess you got me. Even if you are gang members. But I'll still make the phone call.