lexcruiser

So I called my township today to check on my PP's..

and they said everything was in order except the questionaire they sent to my work.. :?:

I thought it was "excessive" to require 2 person references again just for purchase permits... But they also sent a questionaire to my wife asking if she objects to my request for PP's...

Those were all sent back quickly, but I didn't realize they had also sent one to my office..

Its not a problem that they did, but my office has 2000+ people and it wasn't addressed to anyone in particular! :doh:

So suffice to say, no idea where that questionaire is, so they're sending another addressed to my supervisor this time. What I want to know is, why is the work place questionaire required? :?: :?:

I thought this sort of stuff only happens in NYC. What town are you in? Must not be very firearm friendly. My PD only need reference from 2 friends. Sending to employer is crossing the line IMHO. I wouldn't want my employer to know I am applying for permits especially working in NYC.

and they said everything was in order except the questionaire they sent to my work.. :?:

I thought it was "excessive" to require 2 person references again just for purchase permits... But they also sent a questionaire to my wife asking if she objects to my request for PP's...

Those were all sent back quickly, but I didn't realize they had also sent one to my office..

Its not a problem that they did, but my office has 2000+ people and it wasn't addressed to anyone in particular! :doh:

So suffice to say, no idea where that questionaire is, so they're sending another addressed to my supervisor this time. What I want to know is, why is the work place questionaire required? :?: :?:

What I want to know is, why is the work place questionaire required? :?: :?:

Short answer, by law, it's not.

The only thing asked on the STS-033 is your employer's name address & telephone and your occupation. There is no requirement for a letter of reference. This is something added by your PD - just as the reference letters from your two listed references are also not required by law. In the course of your PD's background check, they may call your references or your employer, but letters are not stipulated anywhere. Doubt that any legal challenge would meet with any success because the local PD's are given latitude as to how they conduct their background check.

I don't mind letters to my listed references (actually in my municipality there is just a form that I can take to my references and have them fill it out, and then I turn them in with my other paperwork), but a firearms check with your employer is a violation of privacy that may have an affect on how you are treated on the job - don't forget this is a very "blue" state and your employer knowing you own (or wish to own) firearms may not be a good thing.

Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I don't mind letters to my listed references (actually in my municipality there is just a form that I can take to my references and have them fill it out, and then I turn them in with my other paperwork), but a firearms check with your employer is a violation of privacy that may have an affect on how you are treated on the job - don't forget this is a very "blue" state and your employer knowing you own (or wish to own) firearms may not be a good thing.

Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Would it fly if I cited a violation of privacy with my township? Or would they say its a requirement, so either "take it or leave it"? Has anyone had experience denying one of their town's "requirements" and still getting their PP or FIDs?

:|

why are they sending questionnaires at ALL? employer?? Spouse??

jeese...

I agree -this is your PD adding stuff because they are deliberately attempting to impede the process.

where do you live? I'll make a point of never moving there lol

good luck!!

G

Def sounds excessive....Would really suck if you work for someone that is anti-gun.

I thought it was excessive that they print your place of business on the permit along with your work title. Dont see the need in that.

-Scott

i agree they checked once already why check again? besides if you've had a gun for some time now and didn't go Rambo on the town why would you now?

and what if someone's boss was an anti who had a preexisting rough relationship with the person? i can see them easily putting in a bad word. and as other people mentioned it parades around your private business.. what if you didn't want your boss knowing what you spend your money on?

and I'm not employed and I don't have a spouse, the only thing i got going on right now is school so what would they do with those questionnaires? send them to my teachers? other students? :deadhorse:

people from other states must look at NJ and just go :doh: