kenw

June Second Sunday at Cherry Ridge - 6/13

Sorry guys......Only pistols and muzzle loading pistols and rifles (in designated area) are allowed on the handgun range.....But target stands can be posted at the 50 yd line on the 100 yard rifle range.............

Jordan will be joining in the festivities. He wants to try out a Mosin.

I'm scheduling a paternity test. He's no son of mine.

I may just have to bring every evil black rifle I own to help keep this youngster away from the "wrong crowd"... :D

Now that he has his .22, he wants something with some balls to play with on the big boy ranges. He's being mesmerized by the low cost of entry. No EBR can compete with <$100 to buy in.

He will be assimilated, and I fear that resistance is futile.

:x Sadly, yes.. hard to compete with a $100 gun..

That's my problem. I've got half an AR burning it's way through my wallet right now. I'm itching to buy a web enabled device. I have a netbook but I'd like something like one of the new phones but I don't want a phone. Like the Ipod Touch or the IMaxi. I probably wouldn't even use it that much...but it'd be more and cheaper than an AR. See how I justify that?

I'm really hoping it doesn't rain too much on Sunday. Paper targets + rain = FAIL. No covered shooting ports on silo range + rain = FAIL. Electric Thrower + rain = FAIL. 45-50 minute drive and not being able to shoot = FAIL. Rain, rain go away.. come again some other day.... :pray:

Depending on if the little woman has off sunday or not I'd like to finally meet up with you folks up there. I havent been since i joined 2 months ago :oops:

Definitely come and join the party. And we promise not to tell her that you called her the "little woman", especially while she's holding a gun.

I'm really hoping it doesn't rain too much on Sunday. Paper targets + rain = FAIL. No covered shooting ports on silo range + rain = FAIL. Electric Thrower + rain = FAIL. 45-50 minute drive and not being able to shoot = FAIL. Rain, rain go away.. come again some other day.... :pray:

No Ray Ray= EPIC FAIL

hope to see some good pics

Today was good and bad...

The Good

It wasn't terribly hot, just terribly humid until the rain started

The rain held off until we were on the shotgun range

Everybody had a good time

Jordan came for the day and had a bunch of fun

Nice to see everyone, and as always, I had big fun shooting and bullshltting with the group

I got rid of the busted chop saw

The Bad

Jordan now has a desperate jones for a Mosin.

Today was good and bad...

The Bad

Jordan now has a desperate jones for a Mosin.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

At least it will be cheap ammo. Because you know there will be one for him and you. :D

Ken, at least you can take solace in knowing the rifle he wants probably killed Germans.

Great day as always. My little single shot bolt action .22 got a good workout, and I finally got the 5.45 Saiga sighted in (might shoot a little right, but it's "close enough" :)) Unfortunately, the 1100 went TU. Click, but no bang :( Super light primer hits. Gonna have to strip it down and see what's up. Hoping the firing pin is just dirty or something.

Anyway, even with the rain and insane morning humidity, the whole day was lots of fun. It was good seeing the usual suspects, and I finally got to meet Jordan (that 597 is a keeper for sure!). Til next time