kenw

Cherry Ridge Memorial Day

Just splitting this off of the Sparta thread.

I'm planning to hit CR tomorrow (Monday) with Lynn and, possibly, Jordan. I'm trying to get her to agree to a late-ish time so it'll be past the heat of the day, and all of the yahoos planning barbecues will have left by then. Thinking no earlier than 3:00, but the decision is all hers.

Anyone else planning to be there?

After talking to you guys today, and thinking about how I want to try out the new spotting scope, I will see what I can do to get there around 3 or 4:00. Also want to hit the silo range (way to much fun). I will try to talk the mrs. into coming also.

Not promising anything, but we will see what happens.

I am not a member there. Who can take me in as guest?

I see there is skeet, so would like to try out my used (as yet unfired) Remington 1100.

btw. weather.com says scattered thunderstorms between 3-6pm tomorrow ... hopefully, it's minor.

Anyway, I could drive up and reach there around 4-5pm. Please PM me if you can get me in as guest and your contact info.

thanks!

I am not a member there. Who can take me in as guest?

I see there is skeet, so would like to try out my used (as yet unfired) Remington 1100.

btw. weather.com says scattered thunderstorms between 3-6pm tomorrow ... hopefully, it's minor.

Anyway, I could drive up and reach there around 4-5pm. Please PM me if you can get me in as guest and your contact info.

thanks!

It isn't formal trap or skeet. It's just a casual shotgun range. bring a thrower, and throw from the shooting line. If you're interested in real skeet (or trap, or wobble) the range at Sparta has it, but they're Sundays and part of the day on Tuesdays only.

Where were you planning on being Ken? I'll have the thrower if anyone wants to shoot shotguns.

I'm heading over to Silo at open till I get this scope sighted in then I've got stuff to do but I'll head back over around 3-4 or whenever you guys plan on getting there.

Mark, I think I'm planning to get there around 3 (the Boss has the final word). If you don't mind schlepping the thrower, it would be great. If it's too much of a pain, don't bother. Jordan may be meeting me there, and I'll bring the the manual tosser if he wants to bang around on the shotgun range. I'll probably be on the handgun range for a while, and then move to the silo range to bang for a while and to check out Troy's new rifle.

Mark, I think I'm planning to get there around 3 (the Boss has the final word). If you don't mind schlepping the thrower, it would be great. If it's too much of a pain, don't bother. Jordan may be meeting me there, and I'll bring the the manual tosser if he wants to bang around on the shotgun range. I'll probably be on the handgun range for a while, and then move to the silo range to bang for a while and to check out Troy's new rifle.

Ken,

The thrower stays in the truck so it goes where the truck goes.

I put the battery on the charger this morning. It probably didn't need it but I figured I'd top it off.

I got the tube fed 22 sighted in with the cheapo scope. Not bad for $32.

What range were you planning on starting at?

I'll likely be starting at the handgun range. I'll get Lynn and Jordan set up and into a rhythm, shoot for a bit, and then I can move around pretty freely.

See ya later.

Had fun. Besides the usual good time with Mark, Troy and Dan, Jordan brought a friend of his who had never shot before. He had a good time, was thoroughly thrilled with the silo and shotgun ranges, is thinking about a .22 rifle, and wants to join the range.

A good day.