david8613

small handgun "mouse gun caliber" recommendations

"Gold Dot" by Speer and CCI "Stingers" make some nasty PD rounds in some of the smaller calibers mostly .22,.25 and 32. No offense Malsua but the 'J' frame revolvers are far from mouse guns :snooty: !

Not that Wiki is any source...just the most convenient.

Revolver mouseguns

North American Arms model NAA22S mini-revolver, chambered in .22 Short.

Examples of revolver mouseguns include the North American Arms Mini Revolver, which is a spur trigger design with birdshead grips. The North American Arms Mini Revolver is styled very much like popular pocket revolvers of the 19th Century, but is made entirely of stainless steel.

Smith & Wesson's "J-Frame" series of revolvers are a common choice for mouseguns.

Just look here.

http://tinyurl.com/2554rev

Most folks consider J-frames to be mouse guns.

got the 357 snubbie covered with a taurus 617, i wanted to learn about smaller calibers...

More people die from .22 than from the other calibers but vastly more people are shot with a .22.

.380 is the bare minimum in an auto as far as I'm concerned and even that is weak. That said, any gun is better than no gun. Marksmanship is more important than caliber. Everything is a compromise.

.25acp is useless, .32acp slightly less useless but both will kill you dead. The .25 will have trouble with heavy clothing.

got the 357 snubbie covered with a taurus 617, i wanted to learn about smaller calibers...

.25acp is useless, .32acp slightly less useless but both will kill you dead. The .25 will have trouble with heavy clothing.

I agree, and it's true. 25 acp is actually not as powerful as a 22LR. and a 32acp is very close in size to a 380. 380's suck too.

Dave, get a 38!

m the 380 bullet is almost the same size as 9mm, do they even compare in ballistics?

380 has half or slightly more than half as much energy as a 9mm. There are only a few +p rounds for 380 and I don't believe there is a Saami spec for +p in 380...meaning you're running a risk of the gun blowing apart with hot loads.

Most modern 9mm on the other hand have a legit +p saami max pressure rating so you'll see the good common personal defense ammos like Cor-Bon in +p in 9mm, far exceeding anything a 380 can do.