Matt

Cherry Ridge newbie question...

Generally speaking, you head to the club house to sign the person in. Depending on the day or time, there may not be anyone there, in which case I would imagine you'd have to drive around the range till you found an RO.. there's almost always a couple ROs around, so it shouldn't be too hard to find someone... altho honestly, I've always found someone at the clubhouse when signing in a guest... but I also almost always go on the weekend when it's busy and there are more ROs around.

At the club house, you give the RO your member ID so he can jot down your member #, the guest fills out a card with some info and pays the $25 guest fee and then they get their guest pass. Where ever you go, the guest goes, and you're responsible for the guest.

The ROs are very friendly, so don't hesitate to ask them any questions you may have.

Not sure how the online stuff works, cuz they didn't have that when I joined, but if you did the "adult range" membership (and this is just a guess) you'll probably get a temp range pass that says you need to take the safety briefing before you get your "full pass". When I took the briefing with my wife last year, they screwed up and sent my wife a pass that said she still needed to take the briefing, even tho she took it already. We cleared that up, but, I imagine that's the type of pass they'll send you.

Not sure how the online stuff works, cuz they didn't have that when I joined, but if you did the "adult range" membership (and this is just a guess) you'll probably get a temp range pass that says you need to take the safety briefing before you get your "full pass". When I took the briefing with my wife last year, they screwed up and sent my wife a pass that said she still needed to take the briefing, even tho she took it already. We cleared that up, but, I imagine that's the type of pass they'll send you.

Yes that's the type I got. I guess I will give a call to see if it is coming. Its only been two weeks but it seems fair enough to call and see where in the process, if any, I am at.

Do they allow rapid fire on their rifle range?

They do not permit rapid fire on any of their ranges. If you do short bursts though, there seems to be no problem, as long as you don't do it repetitively.

Lame. Yet another reason not to join their club.

Yes that's the type I got. I guess I will give a call to see if it is coming. Its only been two weeks but it seems fair enough to call and see where in the process, if any, I am at.

I just got the latest newsletter and it says:

Basic members will find it very convenient to sign up on the website, and new range members will also save time and money by registering online. The website will give them a receipt that they can bring to Membership Sunday. After the safety briefing, they can buy and needed items, such as target frames and go! No waiting for their name to be called!

So, based on that, you should have gotten some sort of receipt in email (i'm guessing) to bring with you to membership Sunday.

Lame. Yet another reason not to join their club.
:roll: :roll:

Man, you don't know what you're missing.

Dont bash other ranges - alot of us belong to CR and love it, I can't speak for anyone else but I don't have any interest in trying to shoot next to someone who is on a rapid fire rampage.

rapid fire rampage.

:lol::lol: :roll: :roll:

Come on now. It's not a "rampage." Don't talk like a fool. It's quick, controlled, COM rapid fire at multiple targets. Just like all those cool competitions I'm sure you love to watch. I guess IDPA, IPSC, SASS are all a dangerous rampage to you? Give me a break.

Holy cow, look at this awful rampage style shooting!

rapid fire rampage.

Come on now. It's not a "rampage." Don't talk like a fool. It's quick, controlled, COM rapid fire at multiple targets. Just like all those cool competitions I'm sure you love to watch. I guess IDPA, IPSC, SASS are all a dangerous rampage to you? Give me a break.

You're right, I dont have a problem with people having a little fun once in a while, I just don't think alot of people here will be very fond of you bashing their range of choice.

rapid fire rampage.

You're right, I dont have a problem with people having a little fun once in a while, I just don't think alot of people here will be very fond of you bashing their range of choice.

I'm not bashing anyone's range of choice. I just tend to prefer quick/target changing shooting at times and thus Cherry Ridge probably isn't the right club for me. I like to practice shooting offhand/sitting/prone so sitting in a chair with my gun on a bench isn't very fun to me. Do they at least allow you to shoot prone/sitting/standing? I would hope so. If that range suits you, go for it. Just stating my opinion is all. That is the point of a forum, isn't it?

Regardless, I don't think it's very appropriate for you to refer to things like "rapid fire rampage" - for a second there I thought I was reading the NY Times. I assure you I safely and responsibly follow all firearms safety rules and am quite good at controlling my weapon and do not take any shot I cannot account for. So I don't appreciate you saying things straight out of the MAIG textbook. You're new to guns so I'll excuse you, but you might want to read up a little or visit some other ranges/clubs before you go referring to responsible adults as people on a rampage.

And you really should stop equating rapid fire with "rampage" or loss of control. That's just senseless. Because it's anything but.

So, based on that, you should have gotten some sort of receipt in email (i'm guessing) to bring with you to membership Sunday.

As it turns out, i just got a membership card and a range pass in the form of a postcard in the

mail. There is no mention of any other kind of pass on it but the area that says" membership number" is blank. I imagine the member number gets put in after the safety brief, but that is just my guess.